TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 3x3 suspension kit
davew18 Sun Jul 17, 2016 7:47 pm

My apologies if this is a pretty obvious question, I tried searching with little to no help, if I have over looked a good thread or if you can direct me to a good thread/source that would be awesome!

I want a 3x3 suspension for my bug, from what I've read this is pretty common, is there a best place to buy this kit?

How about the classifieds, do they come up often?

I've also been considering getting everything accept the coilovers cause I should be able to get those put on a account I have, however the rest of the parts I would be s.o.l.

Also I've read the 3x3 is the best for a off-road application, as to where the 5x6 and 6x6 were unnecessary for the weight of these.

Mine specificily will be used for mountain trails, jumping, Boulder filled trails, rough rough use.

Also showing my rzr buddies why I did not want to spend 30 grand to be wrapped in plastic is an extreme bonus.

So overall the question is is a 3 x 3 kit the best all around?

Is there better for my type application?

is there a best place to buy or do they come up frequently enough in classified sections?

Thank you so much for your time. Dave

tripicana Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:06 am

http://www.appletreeauto.com/TRAILING-ARM-KIT-FOR-T1-TRANS/

cbeck Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:34 pm

You are going to have to have some kind of structure to hook the top of the shocks to. I am using the factory spring plate stops with the plates notched 1/8 ". My shocks are 26.06" extended and 16.03" collapsed. I am limited in travel by the type 2 cv's. Type 1's won't really articulate nearly enough. Mine is pretty soft in the rear now, I suspect after everything is installed and running, I probably will need larger torsion bars.

Justbuggin175 Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:54 pm

im looking for 3x3's also. who makes the best 3x3's? and does someone make a 3x3 with a built in hiem joint so i dont have to use a spring plate conversion kit that bolts to the trailing arm like on the 5x5s and 6x6's?

cbeck Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:49 pm

There is a guy at woodsbuggy.com that advertises as madmike, claims he can build whatever you want.

Justbuggin175 Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:50 pm

im sure i can find some one in california to make them if i had to, i was just wondering if they were already made.