TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Type 1 transmission + old VW engine
Varthog Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:10 pm

Hello there guys. Well i hope i didn't miss the place where this topic goes, forgive me please if i did. As i am new cookie to the VW things we could freely say that i am greenhorn :oops: in that area. Well me and my buddy were thinking of doing some things with the type 1 beetle he caught on some place. He was thinking of installing some old VW engine in the type 1 (except beetle engine) . Well engine change should be at least not so painful , well i heard t25 engine 4speed diesel engine is painless to install. Well we don't think of changing transmission (4speed) we only want to add diesel engine of any old vw engine.

So guys if you can help me out that would be super :3 Thanks in advance.

raul arrese Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:57 am

well i think i understand you , but if you want a diesel on a type1 transaxle you can go with this kenedy engineering adapter ,

Part # 3600 Volkswagen 75+ Rabbit,(including diesel) Dasher, Scirocco, Jetta, Golf, Fox, '78-'84

Varthog Tue Jul 19, 2016 1:48 am

So what i need is only to find an engine and these adapters would fit and it will all go nicely as it should right?

raul arrese Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:14 am

Talk to Kennedy engineering , of course you need to install radiator and all the other tid bits ..

Varthog Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:10 am

Yea i realized that from the beginning, we try to stick to the VW engine but older diesel types from 1,6-1,9 with or without turbo. So we need only to find engine and then try to contact kennedy engineering via mail or something. I hope they will have something for us.

raul arrese Tue Jul 19, 2016 7:33 am

Varthog wrote: Yea i realized that from the beginning, we try to stick to the VW engine but older diesel types from 1,6-1,9 with or without turbo. So we need only to find engine and then try to contact kennedy engineering via mail or something. I hope they will have something for us.

Yes they sell adapter

Boolean Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:38 am

At the bottom of the page. http://www.kennedyenginc.com/Pages/EngineOptionList4cyl.aspx

Varthog Tue Jul 26, 2016 11:29 pm

Ouch xD that is a bit pricey.