TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: KF help
redbug64 Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:04 am

Hey folks,

I'm looking at Klassic Fabs sight trying to make a list of metal I would like to purchase for my double cab. In the included pic, would you consider the large missing part the "under 3rd window rocker"? Behind that there is a vertical seam and a narrow piece between the cut area and the bedside. What might that be called? Thanks!

mandraks Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:00 am

redbug64 wrote: Hey folks,

I'm looking at Klassic Fabs sight trying to make a list of metal I would like to purchase for my double cab. In the included pic, would you consider the large missing part the "under 3rd window rocker"? Behind that there is a vertical seam and a narrow piece between the cut area and the bedside. What might that be called? Thanks!

looks like the left hand side c pillar

https://www.klassicfab.com/klassicfab/en/192-c-pillar-busdouble-cab-rhd-left-side

nlorntson Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:16 am

redbug64 wrote: Hey folks,

For the left side, I think you need

KF969/KF970 is the long piece under the window.

KF404/KF406/KF408 D pillar on the left side

mandraks wrote:

https://www.klassicfab.com/klassicfab/en/192-c-pillar-busdouble-cab-rhd-left-side

No, that is for a RHD where there is a c pillar on the left side.

A LHD DC has an A, B and D pillar on the left side, and a A, B, C, D on the right hand side

redbug64 Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:17 am

I'm confused on the "c" pillar. A is the front where the front door hinge mounts, b would be the middle where the rear door hinge mounts, c would be the one behind the rear door and the thin part after the under 3rd window..?? I don't see B pillar and it looks like he is calling the b a c??

mandraks Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:25 am

nlorntson wrote: redbug64 wrote: Hey folks,

For the left side, I think you need

KF969/KF970 is the long piece under the window.

KF404/KF406/KF408 D pillar on the left side

mandraks wrote:

No, that is for a RHD where there is a c pillar on the left side.

A LHD DC has an A, B and D pillar on the left side, and a A, B, C, D on the right hand side

you are right, i was thinking of the correct part but clicked on the wrong one

nlorntson Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:29 am

redbug64 Fri Jul 22, 2016 12:41 pm

Yes. I fully understand the lettering and locations. Thanks for the diagram. my question is that I'm trying to decifer what parts to order from kf to fix the loewer parts of my cab area. Here is what I think I understand:

Kf970 would be the outside skin of the lower portion behind the drivers door
Kf961 would be the same thing but smaller behind the rear door on the pass side
Kf498 would be the rocker (inside and outside) below the rear cargo door
Kf480-481 middle pillar.. What is this part?
Kf452 is called c pillar but it has door hinge mounts???
Kf480/481 middle pillar. Is this the one between the cab side and bed side? It seems like "pillar" is used to describe inside supports and not outside panels?? I guess the lack of photos and weird labeling is confusing.

nlorntson Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:31 pm

Kf970 would be the outside skin of the lower portion behind the drivers door - YES
Kf961 would be the same thing but smaller behind the rear door on the pass side - YES
Kf498 would be the rocker (inside and outside) below the rear cargo door - YES
Kf480-481 middle pillar.. What is this part? - see below
Kf452 is called c pillar but it has door hinge mounts??? - No hinge mounts that I can see. For reference look at KF454 which is the 12" long version
Kf480/481 middle pillar. Is this the one between the cab side and bed side? - YES, on the inside I believe.

It can help to google the KF part numbers as some of the resellers do have pictures.

redbug64 Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:51 pm

Kf 452 and 53 are different lengths of the same part as far as I can tell. One said above hinge... I'm also then not seeing the outside sheet metal narrow before bedside.. The "d" pillar outside lower part.. Googling gets me pics of swimsuits, not kf parts..

redbug64 Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:15 am

So in the above arrowed pic, what kf part is "B" on the right side and "D" on both sides? That's my question here.

VWsArent4Hippies Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:23 am

I made these for reference, hope it helps: