TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Best way to ship Westy parts?
Juan Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:26 pm

Specifically a non walkthrough bench seat. Any recommendations?

Malokin Martin Mon Aug 01, 2016 9:30 pm

Greyhound

Eric&Barb Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:42 am

Might try Fastenal. Apparently they will ship pallets of stuff for very little.

velvetgreen Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:32 pm

^^^ x2 on the dog

oakman Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:44 pm

Greyhound worked great for me. I bought an so-42 side closet from a seller in Nebraska shipped through Greyhound. I was a little worried it would be thrashed when it arrived but no damage at all. It was well packed. I believe the seller said it was very close to their size limit though.

crukab Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:13 pm

I have shipped several front bench seats on Greyhound, I used Bike boxes from a Bike shop, worked great, maybe $85-$90 from Vt. to Cali./Washington/ Arizona.

cdennisg Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:03 pm

Eric&Barb wrote: Might try Fastenal. Apparently they will ship pallets of stuff for very little.

Really? That is interesting.

Eric&Barb Tue Aug 02, 2016 8:09 pm

Yes seriously. Emailed a fellow on the NE coast a few days ago who shipped a very heavy transmission, and winch, with other assorted parts to Texas. Cost was $125.00.

d-rick Tue Aug 02, 2016 9:47 pm

It is all in how you package your items...no matter how you choose to ship

Eric&Barb Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:30 am

d-rick wrote: It is all in how you package your items...no matter how you choose to ship

To a great extent yes, but there are times....

Years ago Barb packaged up a can of machine paint. UPS driver pulled it out of the rear of the truck, set it on the ground, forgot it was back there, and back over the package. Customer had a nicely painted spot of pavement.

Abscate Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:19 am

Eric&Barb wrote: d-rick wrote: It is all in how you package your items...no matter how you choose to ship

Years ago Barb packaged up a can of machine paint. UPS driver pulled it out of the rear of the truck, set it on the ground, forgot it was back there, and back over the package. Customer had a nicely painted spot of pavement.

Are you sure you didn't ask them to palette it?

(sorry - that was just too easy)

BulliBill Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:50 am

Abscate wrote: Eric&Barb wrote: d-rick wrote: It is all in how you package your items...no matter how you choose to ship

Damn "Abscate", that was brilliant!

Bill

Abscate Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:47 pm

BulliBill wrote: Abscate wrote: Eric&Barb wrote: d-rick wrote: It is all in how you package your items...no matter how you choose to ship

Damn "Abscate", that was brilliant!

Bill

No doubt it will raise a hue and a cry...