TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Bumpers
CAlex Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:45 am

My rear bumper is pretty beatup, can anyone give me some info on where can I get a rear bumper for my '65 bug, I want it to look as original as the factory one that it has on now.got a used one for $100 but it has some plastic spacers between the joints so im going to returnit back . checked online and it lookslike it came from JBugs, dont likeit.thanks

diablosandwich Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:49 am

Wolfsburg West has the best, in my opinion. I got a front bumper and It looks as good as original. http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=113707002ww They are not cheap, Though.

Casey

flyboy161 Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:30 pm

I bought a stainless steel Vietnamese bumper from eVWparts. They are not cheap either at $649, but I am very happy with them. Wipe clean, never rust. 2 years later and good to go. Had the car in a show a couple of weeks ago and got a lot of compliments on them. They are made by the Harrington Group

CAlex Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:58 pm

Thanks guys for the info,think im going to keep mine for a little bit.looks like Wolfberg is yhe way to go but no cheap like you said plus shipping is not going to be cheap eather,there in Cali im in Florida...

Sharp64 Tue Aug 23, 2016 1:27 pm

Honestly I would consider wading through the classifieds here again. I've seen some that are pretty nice looking in the $150-200 range. Unless you're looking at show quality.

Check out swap meets. I know the big show down in Dade City is coming up within the next few months and I would imagine it will have a huge swap meet. Also, there is a guy in Daytona that may have something as well, Daytona Aircooled IIRC. Think there's also a swap meet coming up in that area soon too. Whereabouts in Orlando are you?

CAlex Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:10 am

Im in the east Orlando area,going to the Daytona VW show on Sep,24 maybe someone will bring a spare bumper with them.if not ill just keep mine till i comeup with the big bucks to order one.no im not really looking for a show bumper,found one at Sun Bugs in Dade City,some dents onit,but it didnt look nearly close to the original one,was giving it to me for $125 very good price but ot looked very aftermarket.

Sharp64 Wed Aug 24, 2016 7:41 am

I'm up near Lake Howell HS if you need any assistance. Maybe contact Triangle and see if they have any used ones around? I know Jr over there is always working on something and maybe he has one that's in better condition than yours? Is yours rusty, peeling, dented or all of the above? have some spare upright pieces that hold the towel bars on, but they are dented a bit. Not much rust, just dented. If youre just looking at surface rust have you tried scrubbing them with steel wool and coke? Cleaned up my rear pretty well.

CAlex Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:54 am

Wasup sharp64,yea i know Junior,going to swingby on friday and see if they have any used ones laying around and also chekout there new ones too..trying to get my 65 ready for Daytona VW show on Sep.24

andk5591 Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:35 am

If you dont mind going euro blade, its a lot cheaper, but you should do front and rears. I did that on my red 65. But the bumper guards cost as much as the bumper. And X2 or Wolfsburg West. Too bad you are not close, I just bought a 67 with a REALLY nice rear that I am considering selling.