TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Turbo Fuel injection IAT sensor location?
beetlemania628 Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:07 am

I am building a fuel injected turbo 2332 cc motor for my street car and I have an intake Air Temp sensor (IAT) and not sure where I need to put it. Does anyone have a picture of an IAT that they located on their motor? There isn't much information out there and figured someone else also built fuel injection and figured out where to put the IAT. If there aren't pictures, then does it need to go on the intake and if so, which one? I have dual throttle bodies.

yammi450 Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:39 pm

I put mine in the pressure cover above the throttle body on the right side. Just drilled and Tapped the cover.

Chip Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:40 pm

I would put it in a spot after all temp changes that are going to happen in an intake tract have happened. After intercooler, water/meth injection, nitrous, and such. I would also recommend it be isolated from the head and any other metal directly connected to the engine, otherwise heat soak will mess with your readings. Somewhere in the t-pipe would probably be good.

theDrew Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:10 pm

I just drilled and taped one of the filter tops and put it in the center

beetlemania628 Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:03 pm

Thank you for the information, it is much appreciated.

kangaboy Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:11 am

Chip B. wrote: I would put it in a spot after all temp changes that are going to happen in an intake tract have happened. After intercooler, water/meth injection, nitrous, and such. I would also recommend it be isolated from the head and any other metal directly connected to the engine, otherwise heat soak will mess with your readings. Somewhere in the t-pipe would probably be good.

You can see mine in the T pipe as Chip mentions.