TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: San Diego/OC VW performance mechanics?
oreos Fri Sep 02, 2016 12:23 pm

I did search around for this some, but most of the info I found was 5-10 years old and I'm not sure what's still valid.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a mechanic in the San Diego or Orange County area that's good for working on turbo and high performance ACVWs. Most of the mechanics I find seem a little iffy or like they they are not at all performance oriented. Thanks in advance!

rockerarm Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:16 pm

Hi and WELCOME.
Do your research with this info.
Paradise Motorsports in San Marcos.
Proformance Motoring in Orange.
Clyde Berg in Orange.
Gary Berg in Orange.
FAT Performance in Orange.
Hope this helps, Bill.

67jason Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:15 pm

oreos wrote: I did search around for this some, but most of the info I found was 5-10 years old and I'm not sure what's still valid.

I'm wondering if anyone knows of a mechanic in the San Diego or Orange County area that's good for working on turbo and high performance ACVWs. Most of the mechanics I find seem a little iffy or like they they are not at all performance oriented. Thanks in advance!

for turbo i recommend AJ Sims of Lowbugget. For NA, Clyde or Gary Berg are on the top of my list. but you are in vw performance heaven down there, tons and tons of excellent options.

SuperSamba Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:53 am

67jason wrote: oreos wrote: I did search around for this some, but most of the info I found was 5-10 years old and I'm not sure what's still valid.

for turbo i recommend AJ Sims of Lowbugget. For NA, Clyde or Gary Berg are on the top of my list. but you are in vw performance heaven down there, tons and tons of excellent options.
It's a good idea to check the feedback forum too. Most of the big places have existing threads.

Also, AJ Sims has been banned from the site. If you decide to use him, read his feedback thread first.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=174119

Brian Sat Sep 03, 2016 1:15 pm

All of these guys are good, and Adrian at Headflow Masters in Vista. Benco is in riverside as well if you're in that area.

rockerarm wrote:
Clyde Berg in Orange.
Gary Berg in Orange.

mg6770 Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:25 am

Brian wrote: All of these guys are good, and Adrian at Headflow Masters in Vista. Benco is in riverside as well if you're in that area.

rockerarm wrote:
Clyde Berg in Orange.
Gary Berg in Orange.

This