TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Newbee
JDPBUG66 Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:47 pm

Greetings Samba,
I am a new member of Samba as of today. Been lurking for years. Don't belong to many websites. So, I need a little schooling. I notice that a lot of the members list several different vehicles at the bottom of each post. are these; cars that they currently own? Or, ones they've owned in the past? Thanks for your time.
John

67ctbug Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:43 pm

Hi and welcome to TheSamba! The cars at the bottom of the posts are in the signatures of the members. They can be cars you have, cars you've sold, or both. People also like to put funny quotes in them from other members. Once again, welcome!

crukab Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:52 pm

Welcome !! The Samba is a GREAT site, anyone that asks about my Truck, I tell them to cruise the Samba.com .... The Vws in my sig line are most of the Vws in my yard, some folks list what they have had....

JDPBUG66 Mon Sep 05, 2016 3:18 pm

Thanks for the replays guys. I think I'll put a list of my previous VW's there, as I am in between (But shopping) right now.
John

john the red Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:20 pm

Welcome. I am too, a newbie. I do not have anything listed in a tag line. But if/when I do, it will be of my current vehicles (otherwise I would get in trouble for taking up too much space).
Good luck on your hunt! Being where you are, the search should be easy!

EverettB Tue Sep 06, 2016 10:53 pm

My opinion:
It's best to put your current car there if you have one.
If you are looking and want to say something like:

1967 Bug (in the 90s, now sold)
Currently looking

That is ok too.

Having a huge list is sort of annoying...