TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: One "Hella" Cool Sighting!
NorCalWeekender Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:32 am

So I'm on my way home from work yesterday...leaving Miplitas and heading West on 237...thinking about this conference I leave for tomorrow and all that stuff. Suddenly I check my side mirror and here's this Pearl White panel jammin up behind me in the next lane, full length rack, and a "Haight" street sign on the rack!

It's HELLA BRO!

Big waves, honks, all that fun stuff at 60 mph! Dude, you look like you're getting logos going on the panel, but I couldn't tell what they said and have kept in my lane!

-Taylor

veedubgirl Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:42 am

That's pretty cool. Always fun to see a fellow sambaist on the road!

NorCalWeekender Sat Mar 20, 2004 8:43 am

Yeah! It definitely made the end of my week! :)

-Taylor

Roamingwesty Sat Mar 20, 2004 12:24 pm

hello bro = hella go! he goes everywhere!

i remember once in san fran going for some icecream. we went to the first swenson's icecream shop in the u.s, which is on hyde st. when we came out we saw hella bro zooming on hyde passing union.(or is it broadway.) we tried to chase him down but lost him around lombard. told him the story later too.

Hella Bro Sat Mar 20, 2004 4:48 pm

Taylor it was equally as much fun for me too! I left work and had to get across the bay to get my daughter's birthday present. On the road I see this shiny bus ahead of me. At first I think it might be a baywindow because on an average day I dont see any splits at all. As I get closer
I see its "splitwindow" and a "Riviera". In an instant I new it was you Taylor! Usually I would cruise with a split for a bit but I had to get somewhere pronto. It was a definitley cool sighting! Al

eeastonwest Sat Mar 20, 2004 9:03 pm

i live in central iowa, in a city of about 300,000 folks. split window population--outside of my back yard--is maybe four. i think i know them all. one day, i'm out in my 67 single cab, and as i approach a 4-way stop, i see ANOTHER single cab coming from the opposite direction. we BOTH slowly drove away with our jaws dropped, and our hands waving. haven't seen it since. life is full of surprises.

Hella Bro Sun Mar 21, 2004 5:30 am

Eeastonwest is your Highroof from California? Mark Waterman's ol bus?
If not he had one similar in color and condition. Al

NorCalWeekender Sun Mar 21, 2004 6:17 am

I was about to say the same thing! That totally looks like Waterman's bus! And Al, no sweat on not cruising...you definitely looked like a man with things to do. :)

-Taylor

crofty Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:48 am

I saw a lot of Buses at Dillon Beach this weekend! :D

NorCalWeekender Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:18 pm

Yeah, Sean, how was that shin-dig?

-Taylor

Hella Bro Tue Mar 23, 2004 7:44 pm

My buddy Greg drove his DDR /EZ/ DORMO/DBL WESTY Tented+Hatch Tented bus to the event. Cool pics in the gallery. Al