TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Spare Tire space
BDPhan Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:37 pm

What kind of clamps are folks using to hold their spare tire in place when they are stored in the cabin, just above where the engine sits? Mine has an upright spot to sit but nothing in place to help hold it from falling over.

SGKent Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:45 pm

BDPhan wrote: What kind of clamps are folks using to hold their spare tire in place when they are stored in the cabin, just above where the engine sits? Mine has an upright spot to sit but nothing in place to help hold it from falling over.

without knowing your year it is impossible to post the page from your manual but here is a 1971.

BDPhan Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:55 pm

I have a '72. I dont believe I have the dug out though for it to sit in nicely, the bed is cut away though to help add some foam support.

old DKP driver Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:03 pm

Sure you do unless someone decided it was not needed :?:

my 72 has the spare tire well and, i also have a closet over it from a 75 westy
6 screws to remove the closet and pull the spare tire out.

BDPhan Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:07 pm

hmm. I'll have to run out and take a look and report back. I dont believe I remember seeing the wheel well space, but do have a closet with shelves on the opposite side of where my tire can sit.

Tcash Sun Sep 25, 2016 2:38 pm

owners manuals
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/archives/manuals/type2.php

busdaddy Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:03 pm

Are the front seats walk through, or a full bench?

Tcash Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:09 pm

busdaddy wrote: Are the front seats walk through, or a full bench?

BDPhan wrote: I just bought a '72 Westy and am looking to upgrade it a bit. What all has anyone done to their bus that they are proud of or would recommend?

I'm guessing a Helsinki
:lol:
Tcash

BDPhan Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:53 pm

So sure enough, they were there underneath the carpet. The previous owner had put a wood cap on it to cover it up and then carpeted over it.

Tcash Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:57 pm

Look for this tag on your rear seat.

Tcash