TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Adding a baby to my family
redbug64 Mon Sep 26, 2016 7:09 am

Hi all! I'm excited to share the news with everyone that my wife and I will be having a daughter on or around March 1!! Unfortunately I sold my matching 15 window before we found out but my mini bus still looks good in front of my double cab 😎.

Cusser Mon Sep 26, 2016 3:20 pm

We brought my oldest daughter home from the hospital in 1988 in my 1970 VW beetle (I was too nervous to try to drive Mrs. Cusser's 1982 Firebird). I had soundtrack from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly playing on cassette.

All the others took home their kids in new mini-vans !!! This was in Scottsdale, Arizona (we lived in Tempe).

crukab Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:21 pm

Congrats Jason !!!
We brought our kids home in a '71 Westy, past the "Bitchy Nurse" inspection too... :lol:

a.wilson Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:04 pm

crukab wrote: Congrats

+2.

redbug64 Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:22 am

Let's hope I can teach her to drive standard on the double cab 8)

jwold Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:08 am

Congrats!

camit34 Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:22 am

Congratulations...!!!

redbug64 wrote: Let's hope I can teach her to drive standard on the double cab 8)

Taught my then 16 YO, now 18 YO, daughter to drive stick in my Tacoma. She hated it at first but now it's the only thing she wants to drive!

Cusser Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:16 pm

redbug64 wrote: Let's hope I can teach her to drive standard on the double cab 8)

Teach the wife, or the daughter ?

redbug64 Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:08 pm

The wife is already a standard pro. I did t even have to teach her!

mark tucker Fri Sep 30, 2016 10:57 am

congrats!!!! I supprized mine on wendsday when I drove to athens and supprised mine when I sat down on the UGA football practice field a foot away. me and my wife needed a hug so...a 700 mile trip for hugs,lunch& a dinner. kids are worth it. and sports&band and made for kids both if possiable. After all the reason the foot ball team's show up to the game is to see the band play!!!. GO DOGS!!!!!

crukab Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:42 pm

Any news yet ?? :lol:
She going to let you come to Cabin Fever if she has the baby ?? :lol: :lol:

Cusser Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:29 pm

Cusser wrote: We brought my oldest daughter home from the hospital in 1988 in my 1970 VW beetle (I was too nervous to try to drive Mrs. Cusser's 1982 Firebird). I had soundtrack from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly playing on cassette.

All the others took home their kids in new mini-vans !!! This was in Scottsdale, Arizona (we lived in Tempe).

I posted the above in late September 2016. Since then I have resurrected that 1970 VW beetle, roadworthy, licensed, and insured again now after 23 years sitting on the side of my house !!! I rebuilt the engine, all new brakes, battery, voltage regulator, rebuilt the locked-up speedometer, new tires, new shocks and steering damper, new fuel sender.

aeromech Sat Feb 11, 2017 7:12 pm

I'm sorry Cusser but I can't get past your avatar.

Cusser Sun Feb 12, 2017 9:48 am

aeromech wrote: I'm sorry Cusser but I can't get past your avatar.

There are stories behind that photo.

We cannot remember why champagne would be drunk in a warmer time of the year.

And Mrs. Cusser is only rarely without underclothes; I'm sure that I had to lobby to take a photo posed like that.

I had that photo as avatar photo here for several years, then moderator took it down and said it "showed too much". So I E-mailed the full photo to him and he declared it OK so it was re-instated.

Taking Mrs. Cusser out for VD tonight, we're busy Tuesday !!!

aeromech Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:26 am

I just got busted by my wife when I was looking at that picture. She said "who's that!" I told her a guy used his wife's picture as his avatar. " you want me to use yours?" That shut her up pretty quick.

Cusser Sun Feb 12, 2017 1:00 pm

aeromech wrote: I just got busted by my wife when I was looking at that picture. She said "who's that!" I told her a guy used his wife's picture as his avatar. " you want me to use yours?" That shut her up pretty quick.

I did the avatar thing years back so I could see Mrs. Cusser's picture at lunch time at work, when I could go on to technical forums.

I'd send Mrs. Aeromech a photo of ME to compensate, but afraid that might damage her eyesight forever !!!

Abscate Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:43 am

Cusser wrote: aeromech wrote: I'm sorry Cusser but I can't get past your avatar.

There are stories behind that photo.

We cannot remember why champagne would be drunk in a warmer time of the year.

And Mrs. Cusser is only rarely without underclothes; I'm sure that I had to lobby to take a photo posed like that.

I had that photo as avatar photo here for several years, then moderator took it down and said it "showed too much". So I E-mailed the full photo to him and he declared it OK so it was re-instated.

Taking Mrs. Cusser out for VD tonight, we're busy Tuesday !!!

Prevention is worth lots of cure.