TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Strictly Vintage 2s (Not so official thread) Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
pyrOman Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:03 am

While we've been around since the early 90s and do have what I call our own "deadsite", apparently we never had a club thread going here. As of late our "deadsite" has been having issues, so I am trying to at least get some communications going here. Hope I'm not stepping on any toes! :?

First post includes pix of our campout this past weekend. 8)

pyrOman Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:24 am

This one courtesy of Joe Flare:

{Edited for darkness/contrast. :wink: }

der58SC Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:57 am

wow great turnout!

OB Bus Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:03 pm

pyrOman wrote: While we've been around since the early 90s and do have what I call our own "deadsite", apparently we never had a club thread going here. As of late our "deadsite" has been having issues, so I am trying to at least get some communications going here. Hope I'm not stepping on any toes! :?

Excellent idea Ivan. Considering the overall level of (in)activity on sv2s.com it seems to me that a perpetual thread here in addition to the FB page really covers things pretty well.

Just My Opinion.

OB Bus Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:05 pm

And those pictures of the group parked on the grass! Wow! Incredible turnout.

So sorry I could not make it yet again. Then again we had all the "kids" in town with their boyfriend/girlfriends for a very important family birthday and had a great time.

Next time. (Dan, I really will try......)

J Flare Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:32 pm

Pyro kept the entire group nice and toasty

pyrOman Tue Oct 04, 2016 9:06 am

Saturday morning @ KQ! 8)

turbo_g Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:06 pm

pyrOman wrote: Saturday morning @ KQ! 8)

Ivan, thanks for posting this picture, since I took none, it's nice to see my bus (TheHatch) prominently on display.

It was a great weekend, even though I arrived at about midnight on Friday. Weather was perfect and the company was awesome. So chill, so relaxing, really wonderful location. Thanks to Sergio for making it available and Dan for making it happen...

And, we should get someone to fix the SV2s website (dead site).

Cheers,
Turbo_g

Braukuche Tue Oct 04, 2016 2:27 pm

It was a great turnout, maybe too great? I think the count was 37 with not everyone actually camping. I know people kept saying we can fit more but we never wanted it to be like BBB where people are camped on top of each other, so Serg and I talked about keeping it on the semi down low for April. Problem is that people tend to talk it up and invite along others and when there was 15 of us that was fine, but if every other person there were to bring along another bus in April, well, you get the point.

I will talk with Serg and we will figure out an absolute cap, likely most of those there will get first dibs and if there is more room, well, then we can add some new faces which is nice.

Every event has a propensity to get bigger but bigger ain't always better.

Above all I'm glad everyone enjoyed it, the Campout went smooth, everyone was chill for the most part, the cruise was good and the weather like Greg said off the charts nice. I can't wait for April!

pyrOman Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:05 am

FYI:

Currently Strictly Vintage 2s meets monthly to discuss events, participation, planning, shooting the "breeze", projects/ideas, help, and just to have a beer with friends. Any and ALL are invited to join us, regular club members or just interested parties. 8)

Date: Every first Friday of the month

Time: 6:30pm

2253 Morena Blvd
San Diego, CA 92110-4134

This "first Friday" being October 7th. :wink:

notchboy Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:35 pm

What is KQ?

J Flare Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:56 pm

KQ is a private campground near Julian here in San Diego Ca. Julian is a sleepy town in the mountains known for apple orchards. If you ever get the chance, stop in for some pie!

notchboy Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:10 pm

J Flare wrote: KQ is a private campground near Julian here in San Diego Ca. Julian is a sleepy town in the mountains known for apple orchards. If you ever get the chance, stop in for some pie!

Born at Scripps Memorial, Poway High class of 1990 :wink: Never heard of KQ.

pyrOman Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:50 am

notchboy wrote: J Flare wrote: KQ is a private {RV} campground near Julian here in San Diego Ca. Julian is a sleepy town in the mountains known for apple orchards. If you ever get the chance, stop in for some pie!

It's okay! We didn't either... until we got invited to camp there! :P

pyrOman Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:51 am

Got the Bug running again!!! :P

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6...highlight=

OB Bus Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:26 pm

notchboy wrote: J Flare wrote: KQ is a private campground near Julian here in San Diego Ca. Julian is a sleepy town in the mountains known for apple orchards. If you ever get the chance, stop in for some pie!

It is a private time share type campground. As I remember over the years it has had a number of different names. About 5 miles (or so) south of Julian on 79.

notchboy Mon Oct 17, 2016 10:41 pm

Gotcha. Makes sense. I've been to an exclusive camp out that way too when I was in 6th grade :wink: :lol:

Seriously, looked like fun. Love that part of the county.

OB Bus Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:58 pm

Yes I went to Camp Cuyamaca also, around 1963 (?). At that point the camp was still the left over CCC buildings. They rebuilt it in the late 60s with all modern facilities. Then everything was destroyed in the fires of 2004/2006.

J Flare Thu Oct 20, 2016 8:30 pm

OCTO this Saturday...

Same time same place??
The old Ralph's on Oceanside Blvd. right of the 5 on the North / East corner!

What time is good for everyone? 5, 5:30, 6??? the later the more packed they will be

Roll Call:
1. Chris aka: Slayer
2. Joe the Flare
3. The one and only PyrOman
4. And we all know-- Craig from LA!
5. ???

turbo_g Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:09 pm

J Flare wrote: OCTO this Saturday...

Same time same place??
The old Ralph's on Oceanside Blvd. right of the 5 on the North / East corner!

What time is good for everyone? 5, 5:30, 6??? the later the more packed they will be

Roll Call:
1. Chris aka: Slayer
2. Joe the Flare
3. The one and only PyrOman
4. And we all know-- Craig from LA!
5. ???

Someone give me a call when you leave O'side, I'll motor down to the I5 at La Paz and meet up with the caravan...

Creg from LA, AKA Turbo_g, AKA Greg