TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Nothings ever a walk in the Park!
DubStyle Sun Mar 21, 2004 11:12 pm

Bus gets here fukin gearbox locks up. I get a FREE tranny so I can straight axle it. Fukin need more parts. :roll: When in the fuk will I learn when you think it's going good all your fun is about to stop! I have my bus here and now it will sit till I can either find a 66 or older Bug in the wrecking yard. Or find some short axle tubes from a T-1. :evil:

On that note any of you have a pair of SHORT axle tubes w/ bearing caps you can sell me? The CHEAPER the better. LMK [email protected]

Autamataun420 Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:17 am

HAVE TONS OF SHORT AXLE TRANNYS LAYING AROUND..CAN SELL YOU THE TUBES CHEAP...DO YOU NEED THE SIDE COVERS????LET ME KNOW

Skim Mon Mar 22, 2004 12:36 am

Dubstyle, Just toss in a 67-68 bug long axle or any type 3 swingaxle. Its long axle and will go right in just put the bus nose cone on and cut your spring plates for no reductions. Also, a short axle bug tranny will be so narrow in the back that the inside of your tires are gonna rub the spring plates unless you use spacers.

DubStyle Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:26 am

Gen AC Luftwaffe wrote: HAVE TONS OF SHORT AXLE TRANNYS LAYING AROUND..CAN SELL YOU THE TUBES CHEAP...DO YOU NEED THE SIDE COVERS????LET ME KNOW

I need the tubes and the bearing caps is all. LMK a price and I will cover the shipping as well.

Skim I would have did that if I could have found a gearbox here. I'm going to modify the short axle tubes when they get here. Like rizzag said just add 1 1/8".

DubStyle Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:32 am

SuperSkim wrote: Dubstyle, Just toss in a 67-68 bug long axle or any type 3 swingaxle. Its long axle and will go right in just put the bus nose cone on and cut your spring plates for no reductions. Also, a short axle bug tranny will be so narrow in the back that the inside of your tires are gonna rub the spring plates unless you use spacers.

I have a 69 Euro Bug long axle but I need the tubes so I can modify them. Do you have any lying around you can send me a pic of so I can compare them to the ones I have. [email protected] or [email protected] thanks Skim.