TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: BRMS and 205/50
thestoneroses Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:18 pm

Hi

I'm pretty much a newbie when it comes to aftermarket wheels & tires, always been happy rolling on 14" steels. However, I've just landed a bargain on some 15" 5.5 BRMs that were taken off a bug, complete with little-worn tires, 205/50 rear and 175/55 front

Stock beam, 3.5" dropped spindles, still on RGBs, rear down two splines.

I've trial-fitted the the BRMs, the rears just clear the arch, prob 3mm max to spare.

Haven't driven her yet, need to sort engine probs out first.

From a stance perspective, I'm happy, she looks OK...and the extra drop should avoid the occasional tire rub up I get with a passenger upfront. May even allow me to garage her with a roof rack :)

Anyone have any thoughts on this setup ? I can't find any posts referencing of 205/50, so I assume its far from common, hence I'm curious for any thoughts. Happy to buy different tires if recommended, but happier to save a few quid and use these if considered OK

cheers
Gareth

Stocknazi Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:42 pm

There is a sticky on lowered buses/wheels; might want to post this there.

GTV Sat Oct 22, 2016 4:53 pm

With such short tires and RGB's your engine is going to scream at highway speeds. I would fit the 205's up front and get the tallest tire possible for the rear. Pray you never get a puncture because getting them on & off the bus at the side of the motorway will be a real treat ;)