TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Need new vacuum advance dizzy need opinions
wtjames14 Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:50 pm

Well I have a 1968 beetle with a 71 1600 dp only owned the car a week or so.. It has a China carb that seems to be OK for now, the vacuum is plugged off as well as on the dizzy so it runs a little rough.. Good power as long as your up in the rpms and fairly smooth, but I know it would run better with the proper vacuum advance.. I know the aftermarket stuff isn't great but I need something better than what I have.. Any suggestions on a decent reasonably priced dizzy??

Coil is Bosch 022111027 blue
Dist is 111-905-205-m
Carb is aftemarket 34 pict 3
All opinions are greatly appreciated

wcfvw69 Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:01 pm

If you plan to use and keep this bug, you should bite the bullet and buy an original, rebuilt, German made Solex 34-3 carb.

Volkzbitz sells them on this site. He has fabulous feedback and his carbs look and work like brand new.

I'd run a rebuilt DVDA distributor with that carb. They work beautifully and once they've been reconditioned, they will last another couple of decades. I have a refurbished DVDA for that engine and German carb. The aftermarket Chinese carbs are designed for a SVDA carb, not DVDA though they can be modified.

If interested, you can PM me.

74 Thing Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:25 pm

Tasb restores and sells orig vac advance distributors....

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?...ton=Search