TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Heater
Joliver5 Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:04 pm

So I have had work done by myself on the heaters. They were missing tubes so I got tubes fitted and I fixed the cables that connect to the actual handle. Had the engine running and no heat. Any Ideas? My friend thought it could be a fan thing but I am not sure

Donnie strickland Fri Nov 25, 2016 5:09 pm

You'll have to give us more information, and pictures to see what you've got, both under the car and under the back seat.

Bobnotch Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:10 pm

If you have everything in place underneath, then I'd have to guess you're missing the parts that come off the ends of the big cooling shroud. Depending on whether or not you have the stock muffler, you're either missing the "C" shaped pieces that connect the shroud ends to the upper "pre-heaters" that connect to both the muffler and the heat exchangers. Or, if you're using something else (header and QP, Vintage Speed set up, or something like that), then you're missing the 2 flexible hoses that run from the shroud ends to the heat exchangers. Those hoses or "C"shaped pieces supply the air needed to make the heater function.