TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: what you think of this muffler?
ozzo Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:58 am

http://busresto.blogspot.it/2016/12/nuovo-silenziatore.html?m=1

I have a t2 european so 1600... well now it is 1955cc but still have the bar at back....
i found this muffler that works as hide out but after reworking let me check valve witnout taking muffler off...
please check where the piping was bent from manufacturer... it gets smaller section... should i replace all the piping or it can be good enough?
It is monted on a 1 3/8 bugpack header.... and also at flage se section is a little smaller... it looks good and well located but the piping make me think if to keep or replace

mark tucker Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:08 pm

looks like big in small out. I would go with a 2" outlet size. remember you have a lot more cc now. restrictive exhaust can cause cracked heads due to the higher head temps.

ps2375 Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:14 pm

Nice idea but crap execution of the bends. Is it chromed or ceramic coated? It might not be any more restrictive than the header at this point. But I wouldn't put it on a larger header and expect it to do much better.

ozzo Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:52 pm

To complete the story.. i have stock head valve and stock heater box... and yes the bugpack pipe connected to the single quite pack is bigger...
ps i have long gearing and i drive almost all the time 3500rpm...

mark tucker Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:52 pm

still might be too restrictive. I wouldent.