TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Goodrich Silvertown Radials
Bob English Thu Mar 25, 2004 11:03 pm

Has anyone ever put these on their bus? Goodrich Silvertown Radial Whitewalls P205/75R15?

Thanks,

Bob

Scotts 63 23 Fri Mar 26, 2004 7:55 am

BF Goodrich has been making this line of tires for a long time. Originally they were bias ply tires and they started making their wide widewalls in the radials for those who actually drove their classic cars and wanted safer handling.

They're fairly expensive ($165 at Coker) and are the competitor for Coker's own tire (Classic 2 3/8" Whitewall, $150). Don't know which are better. They will both fit your bus. I have a friend with a '64 Deluxe and he has Coker's 195/75Rx14's and likes the ride (no wandering on the freeway etc.).

It's too bad no one makes a 195R15 in a wide whitewall. That way you would get the correct height and width of tire for your bus. The 205/75R15 is the correct height, but a much wider beefier tire. I have them on my bus and love the freeway ride (as much as you can love the freeways here in California).

Let me know which one you get. I'm looking at getting a new set of tires pretty soon.

Scott