TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Names and Fat girls Page: 1, 2  Next
jerrybromley Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:13 am

OK OK I admit I'm a newbee to the VW world ( just got my 73 convertible in Aug) But how common is it to call supers Fat Girls and how many owners name their cars? All this seems like some fun part of the VW world I missed even hearing about before I got mine :wink:

babysnakes Sun Dec 25, 2016 6:35 am

Not a fat girl, it's a fat chick. It's a tongue in check/derogatory thing. Four lug VW's or any post '67 aircooleds are not as desirable as earlier models. ie "no body want's to date a fat chick" just as the upper echelon of the VW community has no intention of owning a post '67.

gt1953 Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:04 am

The upper echelon of the VW community has no intention of owning a post '67. They are just jealous cause the aka fat chicks drive better, twelve volt system, better ride etc. Nothing wrong with the later model cars. Besides most common non VW people have no clue what year you have as the first question they ask is what year is it.

Glenn Sun Dec 25, 2016 8:32 am

I drive a Fat Chick also, so get over it and move on.

calvinater Sun Dec 25, 2016 9:22 am

I married one. 😗

Zundfolge1432 Sun Dec 25, 2016 10:15 am

Look at it at different way, those individuals that fixate on one model or narrow band of years aren't really VW people at all. Real VW people like them all. For example we have a 54 bug,55 bug 63bug, 65 double cab,74 bug and a multi year home built yard buggy/sand rail. Have also had ghias and type 3s.

slave1pilot Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:07 am

gt1953 wrote: The upper echelon of the VW community has no intention of owning a post '67. They are just jealous cause the drive better, twelve volt system, etc.

:lol:

60ragtop Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:48 am

Zundfolge1432 wrote: Look at it at different way, those individuals that fixate on one model or narrow band of years aren't really VW people at all. Real VW people like them all.

No, not really a true statement in the VW world. Some VW people do not like every model produced so this makes them a VW wannabe?

enjoyther1de Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:49 am

Fat chicks are the best. Mo junk in da trunk.

sixfootdan Sun Dec 25, 2016 5:02 pm

60ragtop wrote: Zundfolge1432 wrote: Look at it at different way, those individuals that fixate on one model or narrow band of years aren't really VW people at all. Real VW people like them all.

No, not really a true statement in the VW world. Some VW people do not like every model produced so this makes them a VW wannabe?

I'm sure Mustang guys don't like every generation of pony cars, Or Corvette or Porsche guy's don't like them all either. It doesn't make them less of an enthusiast in their hobby. Just like what you want, You don't have to like all of them.

TDCTDI Sun Dec 25, 2016 7:26 pm

There are elitists in every hobby, enjoy what you have & don't worry about what other say. Besides, id rather ride a fat chick than fantasize about the never to be had supermodel, & the fat chick is much less likely to be high maintenance.

Manfred58sc Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:12 am

My 73 SB rat truck gets more compliments and attention than any other vehicle I have ever owned, its not nice by any stretch of the imagination. It drives nice, is a useful little truck, and putters along OK with a 1600SP. Ultimately its how we enjoy the ownership of any item that sparks creative terms of endearment. After owning and driving my 69 Bus for 30 years, it still has no name and most of the time I call it "the van". It has been so important for my transportation needs I don't really view it as an entity outside of myself, rather an extension of my personal being. Heavy shit, man.

jerrybromley Mon Dec 26, 2016 6:57 am

WOW ..........I see there is some passion on the subject. I think over the years I've met some Great FAT CHICKS that simply owned it ,and were the life of the party!
:wink: Derogatory or not I kinda like that I have a FAT CHICK

Now what about all the names I see people giving their VWs...........Girly cute..... or...........Part of the club :?:

79SuperVert Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:31 am

When I owned a 79, I gave a ride to a VW enthusiast who owned a pre-67. His comment was "Wow, this car rides so WELL."

scottyrocks Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:36 am

The way I see, it, I like them all, just some more than others. I bought the best I could afford from a year-range I wanted.

That being said, I love splits. But I knew I wasn't going to be able to find a split in the condition I needed for what I was willing to spend.

I could have bought a 'fat chick,' or even a '67, but two things I definitely wanted were the sloping headlights of the '66 and earlier cars, and the smaller windows of the '64 and earlier cars. I also happen to prefer the solid wheels from that era.

The interiors of the pre-'68s are also more appealing to me with their primitive metal dashes, and I don't care for the slotted wheels of the later cars, either.

What's nice about VW Beetles is that most of these parts can be easily changed (excepting, of course, the windows - not so easy - haha). But then you'll get grief from some purists who don't put other-year parts on their cars.

For me, it was easiest to wait it out until I found what I wanted, in both age-range and condition, at a price that was within my reach.

Enjoy your car, whatever it happens to be, and don't begrudge anyone who has one that is not as old and/or cool as yours. ;)

Zundfolge1432 Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:32 am

60ragtop wrote: Zundfolge1432 wrote: Look at it at different way, those individuals that fixate on one model or narrow band of years aren't really VW people at all. Real VW people like them all.

It makes you a wanna B. :D

Cusser Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:01 pm

jerrybromley wrote: Names and Fat girls

Staying true to the title of this thread: aren't names like Bertha or Hilda practically a guarantee for gals to be fat?

79SuperVert Mon Dec 26, 2016 4:29 pm

Not necessarily. Ann Bertha Lepe, movie star:

And Hilda Castillo, fashion and fitness model:

Stanagon Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:08 pm

Glenn wrote: I drive a Fat Chick also, so get over it and move on.

Since when, I haven't seen it for years.

Driving a fat chick is better than showing up in your daily driver to a vintage car event.

TheDon Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:43 am

i specifically wanted a pre '67 but wouldn't object to a post '67 as a second VW