TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: June Bug Classic June 4 at Maple Grove Raceway, Mohnton, PA
Tom N. Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:41 am

June Bug Classic, sponsored by Ulrich's Sales & Service

Date: Sunday June 4, 2017.

Info: VW & Audi show, swap and drag racing.

Gates open at 8am for participants and show-goers

Show: $___ general admission, Show classes $___ includes driver

50 show classes including 2 Audi classes

Car show CLASS registration ends at 12 noon

Drag Races: 1/8 & 1/4 mile
Test & tune class: run as many times as you want, amateurs welcome

All Out 1/4 mile Racing - VW powered

Awards at 4pm

Show is presented by Ulrich's Sales and Service

Swap: Swap spots: $___ includes driver/ spot

Vendors: New parts vendors welcome

More details to come.

Follow on Facebook.
https://m.facebook.com/JuneBugClassicVW

crukab Mon Feb 13, 2017 6:00 pm

Looks like a good show to fill the void of the Litchfeild show.....
Is there a local campground that VW folks camp at ?

WM971252 Tue Feb 14, 2017 6:27 am

crukab wrote: Looks like a good show to fill the void of the Litchfeild show.....
Is there a local campground that VW folks camp at ?

Back a few years when we went there is campground "across the street" from the track. There was heavy vw presence there.

noneed Fri Feb 17, 2017 7:58 pm

Calendar marked !
Hopefully the weather cooperates this time :D

Clay and Tom,
There is still a campground across the street, and there usually is a bunch of VW people there. I've never camped there personally...so I'm not sure of the pricing / rules / availability etc.

60vwnewengland Thu May 04, 2017 6:09 pm

May-haps I'll check out this show. Is there a swap?

73sports Thu May 04, 2017 6:52 pm

Yes, there is a pretty big swap, car show, and drag racing.

Tom N. Sun May 07, 2017 1:51 pm

There is a campground across the street. I don't know details about camping however there are a few other campgrounds in the area.

* FYI.... HUGE SWAP

superbeetle72 Wed May 17, 2017 3:43 pm

We camp every year right across the street. Been a tradition for many many years.

EMPIImp69 Thu Jun 01, 2017 6:10 am

If this show don't get rained out on Sunday, let me know if anyone needs a balancer plate below. I can bring one for you. Will be a little cheaper since no shipping, Thanks.

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=1476281

or anything else in my ads:

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/search.php?username=EMPIImp69

50Splitman Thu Jun 01, 2017 8:21 pm

Anyone know if this is rain or shine? Forecast has gotten a little bit better, but the question has been asked on their FB, but no reply.

noneed Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:31 pm

50Splitman wrote: Anyone know if this is rain or shine? Forecast has gotten a little bit better, but the question has been asked on their FB, but no reply.

Accuweather for Mohnton on Sunday is calling for partly sunny to partly cloudy and isn't calling for any rain until 5 pm or later as of now.
The show is long over by then, but to answer the Q, I don't know..

Wiggy Fri Jun 02, 2017 1:31 pm

Weather is looking better! Hopefully I holds. Plan on bringing my 57 vert and either our 57 bus or 56 oval.

50Splitman Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:43 am

The weather is looking pretty good now! I've got the van packed, and will be setting up in the swap. Got a good deal of 25hp/split parts with me this time:

- Unpainted German-made ribbed bumper set (bought 10+ years ago)
- restored 25hp carb
- pre-52 taillight brackets
- NOS 25hp rings/bearings/rods
- original split running board
- assorted new original-style interior material pieces
- 25hp lower pulley
- 25hp lower pulley tin
- Split beetle window regulator
- 36hp restored heater/shoe boxes

and a bunch more, including a few water cooled parts and some Bentley books and VW owners manuals.

See you all there!

esde Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:49 pm

not sure what happened to the race schedule, but I got to watch exactly zero VW's go down the track. Lots of loud V8 stuff, which is fun to watch, but not what I paid to see. The show and swap were great as always, but WTF with the track?

vwinnovator Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:09 am

esde wrote: not sure what happened to the race schedule, but I got to watch exactly zero VW's go down the track. Lots of loud V8 stuff, which is fun to watch, but not what I paid to see. The show and swap were great as always, but WTF with the track?

not really looking to defend the track, but the track does need to get paid to operate as well...

If more vw racer would become more active and fill the lanes like the good ol days, the track owners wouldn't need to fill the "void" with domestic racing..

I look at it as I paid to go to the show, sell at the swap meet, and got a bonus to watch the "additional" racing the track supplied.

does suck that everyone packed up at the first drizzle of rain though, 'cause' once we packed up to leave, the track was dried and racing continued at about 4pm, they could of run the last few rounds of the VW's....

was a fairly good day overall though..

Wiggy Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:54 am

I enjoyed the show again this year. Brought the 56 hardtop and the 57 convertible and they ran awesome. Gene and the team consistently put on a great show. I wish the weather had cooperated more - but still a great day.

noneed Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:46 pm

esde wrote: Lots of loud V8 stuff, which is fun to watch, but not what I paid to see.

Aw c'mon...that 1960 Chevy drag wagon was awesome 8)
The VWs were running in between the V8 stuff earlier in the day. I think most of it was before I caught up with you and your family in the swap though.

Swap action was great as usual.
Caught up with lots of old friends, and a had few good finds here and there.
Didn't get to walk the show but I was right up against the fence so I did get to see some of the racing action.

Thanks to Gene and everyone who puts this event together !