TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: What's wrong with my beam? Page: 1, 2  Next
KombiMonster Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:44 am

I have the adjusters down and my bus is still slammed....Like rubbing at the top. Top adjuster is two notches from the bottom...and the bottom adjuster is all the way down.
https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/155180.jpg

jeremyrockjock Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:53 am

Do you have drop spindles? That is very low to be adjusted all the way up. Like i said I thinksome leave have been removed. Is the ride stiff or soft?

jeremyrockjock Fri Apr 23, 2004 8:55 am

can you get a pic off the trailing arm postion with the bus on the ground?

KombiMonster Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:04 am

yeah I'll have to do it at lunch....my girlfriend was'nt to happy rolling around the ground for me....I do have drop spindles..I haven't drove the bus yet..but when I jump on the frt bumper it's stiff...

bljones Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:51 am

KombiMonster wrote: my girlfriend was'nt to happy rolling around the ground for me....

"Aw, c'mon honey, just a couple more poses, and then i will take the pics of my beam!" :twisted:

TimGud Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:58 am

but when I jump on the frt bumper it's stiff... :twisted:

Was too good to pass up bljones. Wasn't it.

jeremyrockjock Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:04 am

That is weird. I don't know what to tell you.

rizzag Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:21 am

what size tires do you have on the front?

KombiMonster Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:02 am

Yeah it's always stiff when she's around.. :lol:

I'm running 195/50r15's The beam is also narrowed..

Is it possible the set screw has slipped out of the notch on the leafs?

jeremyrockjock Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:25 am

The leaves are locked in a retainer and can't really slip around. All the bolt does is hold the leaves centered horizontally and keeps the adjuster tight and in place.

KombiMonster Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:29 am

OH...I see..well The guy who built it said to bring the top all the way down...if it does'nt help...pull it and take it to him tomorrow.. :cry:

Bryan S. Fri Apr 23, 2004 12:57 pm

KombiMonster wrote: OH...I see..well The guy who built it said to bring the top all the way down...if it does'nt help...pull it and take it to him tomorrow.. :cry:
Well since you're going down to Slam Gabriel I'll chip in for gas if you can get my rack :D . Also ask BBJ about that Mexican restraunt we ate at last time, you otta go there while youre down there, hell of good food.

KombiMonster Fri Apr 23, 2004 4:27 pm

Un Carro Bajo
Yeah I can pick it up for ya....

I took some pics of my arms at lunch today, brought the camera to work, pluged it in and nothing happend....I forgot I don't have the program at work for my camera...so It have to wait till I get home..

The arms look pretty parallel with the ground...

jeremyrockjock Fri Apr 23, 2004 5:51 pm

MMMMM............ Mexican Food.

Flatfront Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:02 pm

Can the swing arm bushing be removed without removing the front beam from the bus. This isn't what you guys are talking about but my is shot to hell and I don't really have the resources to remove the beam at my apartment complex. :x

iltis74 Fri Apr 23, 2004 9:09 pm

Yes.

[email protected] Fri Apr 23, 2004 10:23 pm

I have a 4.5 narrowed beam and the guy I got it off of lives in the L.A. area. The beam is 90% new. Nice beam but it was made to not have droped spindles on it. I am all the way up on the adj. and it is low but nice ride. I had some problems with the drag link hitting the beam.

NAES Fri Apr 23, 2004 11:36 pm

You need to adjust that top adjuster so its pointing towards the ground more. I can see by the pic that you have like 10 or more degrees of rotation which will raise the hell out of the beam.

Billet_Bus Sat Apr 24, 2004 5:32 am

dont wanna hijack the thread but i got a similar question kinda :?

My adjusters wont go all the way up. Still has two notches left

anyways help

RobzKombi Sat Apr 24, 2004 6:25 am

NAES wrote: You need to adjust that top adjuster so its pointing towards the ground more. I can see by the pic that you have like 10 or more degrees of rotation which will raise the hell out of the beam.

When you adjust your beam shouldnt you be adjusting them evenly? and not one more than the other? I agree with NAES try moving the adjuster on the top beam down some more (pointing towards the ground) and see if that helps.