TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Bus Rain Gutter
71surfbus Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:35 am

Does anyone have any tips on re-straighting the rain gutter out on a Bay-Bus. The previous owner must have carried elephants or something, there`s four spots that look pretty screwed up, really makes any of the other work look bad as you look down the sides. Thanks Again, Daryl

sixfootdan Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:40 am

A thick piece of flat stock for a dolly, a body hammer, pliers and some lite mudding will do wonders for your gutters. I've done it.

71surfbus Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:17 am

Should I take a couple of vise grips to hold the flat stock in place while I beat on it with a hammer, will that cause more damgae the help and two of the areas are close to the back and have part of the bend in them. Thanks :?

sixfootdan Mon Apr 26, 2004 8:22 am

Holding the dolly by hand will be fine, You shouldn't have to hit it that hard?

71surfbus Mon Apr 26, 2004 12:59 pm

Thanks Ben, I`ll give it a shot.

sixfootdan Mon Apr 26, 2004 6:43 pm

71surfbus wrote: Thanks Ben, I`ll give it a shot.

Good luck, I laugh every time someone calls me Ben? :lol:

71surfbus Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:26 am

Is the name you sign with your actual full first name? Ben Dayho. I`m sorry MY Bad, won`t happen again, :roll:

airschooled Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:33 pm

Hi there! I recently removed my EMPI rof rack from my bay, and the clamps bent the metal enough to chip the pait and start some rust. :(

What can I do about to this to stop the problem immediately? It may be a few days until I can aquire a proper hammer and dolly, but what chemicals should I treat with for now? The paint is really nice, and I'd rather not redo any paint more than I have to.

abritinthebay Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:49 pm

Holy Necro Thread!

Ok - so you have some rust? Kill that with sanding/grinding or at least some phosphoric acid.

Once that is done shoot some primer over it, even cheap stuff will do. Once you've sealed it that way you'll be ok until you can do it properly.