TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Dimension needed ...please help
W1K1 Sat May 01, 2004 9:39 pm

I have to pick up the front of a bus without the beam in it. Can anyone e-mail the dimensions for the four bolt holes that the beam bolts to on the frame? I also need to know what size and length the bolts are as well.
My plan is to cut some plates and drill them to fit, then weld them to a 8ft length of pipe so we can get the front end off the ground with the jacks and back the trailer under it. Unfortunately its a 2 1/2 hour drive to get to the bus in a field, otherwise I would measure and drill the holes there.
My e-mail is [email protected]
thanks in advance to anyone who will help out :D

DubStyle Sun May 02, 2004 3:39 am

Between the shock towers is 29 9/16 but if you want a little extra space go with 29 5/8" I can't find my drawing with the bolt locations but if your not in a hurry I think I have them at work.

W1K1 Sun May 02, 2004 6:35 am

That would be great ! I have a couple weeks before I can get out there. But I still have to do the welding .
Thanks Mark

dstefun Sun May 02, 2004 12:33 pm

I just posted frame dimensions in another thread .. http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/viewtopic.php?p=309338

distance between lower tapped holes shows as 164 mm.

W1K1 Wed May 05, 2004 6:50 am

I have that drawing, I missed that :shock:
Anyone know what the bolt size is ?
A pattern of the whole bolt pattern and the distance from the bottom hole to even with the frame would be a big help.
Not any splittys in the area :cry: