TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: european bus wiring diagram
busracer Wed May 26, 2004 12:43 pm

anyone know where i can view a european bus wiring diagram. im scrambling to get my rusty turd of an ambulance to octo/classic and know there are some small differences between euros and us models. i have a euro turn signal switch and taillights but is the flasher relay different? its of course a 67 which should make finding a euro flasher relay fun if theyre different.

if they are different anyone got a line on one? also need taillight lenses.............a full interior................sirens.....................and a stack of replacement sheetmetal 6 feet high!

FrenchBus Wed May 26, 2004 1:30 pm

Vintagebus.com!! :D

http://66.34.72.138/wiring/index.html

Choose the year!

crofty Wed May 26, 2004 1:40 pm

Don't Bentleys have both US and Euro versions?

busracer Wed May 26, 2004 5:55 pm

thanks frenchy!

busracer Thu May 27, 2004 6:11 am

after comparing the diagrams it definately looks like there are two major differences. the headlamp flasher/dimmer relay is seperate from the flasher unit whereas the us version is the infamous blue box(or black or silver).

anyone have a clue where to get these parts for the european spec. any ideas of part numbers??? thanks rob

ToolBox Thu May 27, 2004 7:53 am

The headlamp relay is the same US and Euro. The turn signal relay can be sourced from a bay window post MY 72.

busracer Thu May 27, 2004 7:57 am

hmmmm, interesting im going to go look through my box of parts and see what i have. i wondered if the flasher relay was just a standard three prong deal. thanks!

ToolBox Thu May 27, 2004 8:11 am

busracer wrote: hmmmm, interesting im going to go look through my box of parts and see what i have. i wondered if the flasher relay was just a standard three prong deal. thanks!

Needs to be a 4 wire unit or one that pulls it's ground thruogh it's mounting stud and has 3 terminals. You can use a 2 prong flasher if you do not care if the interior indicator light works.

There are 2 sets of contacts in the correct flasher unit, one operates the exterior lights that carries positive power and the other switches ground to get the speedo indicator lamp to flash.

busracer Thu May 27, 2004 2:24 pm

i must be missing something about the headlight dimmer relay as it appears the euro version has a seperate power feed to the relay. the euro relay is a five pin but the us is four. is there some way to make the us version work?

ToolBox Thu May 27, 2004 5:54 pm

From the looks of it the only thing different is the US spec pulls power through the light switch and the Euro has a seperate feed for power. Without seeing the internals or a schematic I would say just use a US version and ISOLATE the big red wire or you will let the smoke out of it.

Anybody have a schematic of this relay or a pictures of the internals?