TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: reduction gear boxes removal?
BugBite Mon May 31, 2004 9:47 am

I am wondering for those who have performance engines in your bus, do you keep the gear boxes?? Also if you do remove them, can you use say type 1 stuff on them or is the type 2 just completely different? TIA

Uniballer Mon May 31, 2004 9:58 am

I just got done doing this... I left my redux boxes in my bus, and put a freeway flyer trany with the 1776cc. Works awsome. I took it to the oregon coast on saturday and pulled some big hills fully loaded with camper interior and gear and never had to down shift in to 3rd gear. crused really nice a 55-60 mph but could go faster if I wanted

Chris Calderone Mon May 31, 2004 9:30 pm

On my current bus I put in the busboys swing axle kit 10 years ago where you use bus nose cone with the bug tranny,axles and they supply the tubes and spring plates. Works great 100% happy. super fast and the kit also lowers the bus. I put there Irs kit in a camper years ago and it always had a knock. I never found out what it was and sold it as-is. I did drive it to pismo beach and las vegas from sacramento. The kit was nice and kept it looking stock hight. Im sure the knock was something I did wrong. hope this helps. I cruise 70mph all the time