TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: happy but sad day.... Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
vwjosh6070 Sun Jun 06, 2004 4:57 pm

ok heres the scoop for anyone who cares. today started out as a crappy day as i had to get up early. then, it turned good when i saw a beutifully restored beetle. then as we drove through the country going towards helen georgia, i started to see fields of vw's everywhere, some rusting, some getting fixed, then it all turned to crap... i saw my first barndoor bus. why is that crappy??? ill tell ya why, because it was a singlecab rusted in half. all i saw of it was the front cab section staring upwards. then i saw a ton of other vee dubs and made my day. plus i met a new vw mechanic who said i could help out!!! twisted huh?

Friedpotatoes Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:44 pm

that seems to happend alot for some reason

but long as you have your vws at home safe it should all level out

BryanM Sun Jun 06, 2004 5:51 pm

so how bad is the singlecab?? can it be welded back togeather with some flashing and baywindow sheetmetal.

Uniballer Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:37 pm

Probably one of those VWs that when you try and buy it from the guy he gives you "Im going to fix it up some day" My ass there should be a law agiants rusting cars in peoples yards. With a penalty of death

Long-roofs Sun Jun 06, 2004 10:11 pm

Word....

SHSC Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:22 pm

BS

vwjosh6070 Mon Jun 07, 2004 11:26 am

Quote: but long as you have your vws at home safe it should all level out

well, it kinda did level out, i worked on the motor a bit, and put a sticker on the rear window.

Quote: so how bad is the singlecab?? can it be welded back togeather with some flashing and baywindow sheetmetal.

i dont really know, i just saw it while my dad drove by, he wouldnt stop as he hates my "little hobby". its on the way to helen on some back road coming from woodstock, thats all i know about its location.

Quote: Probably one of those VWs that when you try and buy it from the guy he gives you "Im going to fix it up some day" My ass there should be a law agiants rusting cars in peoples yards. With a penalty of death

probably, there was a few beetles rusting along side it. the house looked a little shabby and overgrown. im kinda guilty of letting a vee dub rust in my yard.. :oops: but it is getting sold.

Quote: BS

if you are talking about my post, you can go drive your bus down here and ill take you on the roads i was on to show you that it aint BS.

doveblue3 Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:32 pm

please stop embelishing your stories lil' fella. let me clarify why you are getting called out again for BS....pretty much everyone on this board is looking for a bd on any given day, but no one ever finds one because there arent really any to find. yet you have managed to find yet another one to go with the field full of 'em in alabama? and it was only half a cab, sticking straight up in the air, and your dad wouldnt stop? you must have good eyes then to know what it was. i hope that i am wrong and you did find one so it could drug back out on the road, but i dont think i am.

BryanM Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:00 pm

doveblue3 wrote: please stop embelishing your stories lil' fella. let me clarify why you are getting called out again for BS....pretty much everyone on this board is looking for a bd on any given day, but no one ever finds one because there arent really any to find. yet you have managed to find yet another one to go with the field full of 'em in alabama? and it was only half a cab, sticking straight up in the air, and your dad wouldnt stop? you must have good eyes then to know what it was. i hope that i am wrong and you did find one so it could drug back out on the road, but i dont think i am.

LOL!
I have plenty of leads on some real old busses and heard about 2 BDs in the Carolinas but have yet to have the luck our friend Josh has. and i havent come close to finding the elusive BDs.
I am familiar with the area and would not doubt that they are there. Ive seen some crazy shit in those woods but I dont know if you could call rust in the shape of a bus or beetle a VW anymore. and most of what i have found that was fixable probably isnt anymore.

vwjosh6070 Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:15 pm

Quote: please stop embelishing your stories lil' fella. let me clarify why you are getting called out again for BS....pretty much everyone on this board is looking for a bd on any given day, but no one ever finds one because there arent really any to find. yet you have managed to find yet another one to go with the field full of 'em in alabama? and it was only half a cab, sticking straight up in the air, and your dad wouldnt stop? you must have good eyes then to know what it was. i hope that i am wrong and you did find one so it could drug back out on the road, but i dont think i am.

look, im not embelishing anything, i saw what i saw, ok? so what if everyone on this board is lookin for a BD, does that mean i cant find any?? and i never said there was a field full of them in alabama, so get your facts straight. what i said was, i think i saw a couple old barndoor buses sitting in this guys field full of vw's. he buys old vw's and re-sells them for loads more than he buys them. no, it was just the cab, and it was leaning with the nose slanted towards the sky. no my dad wouldnt stop, i already have 2 buses, and he hates them both. everytime i say nice volkswagen to someone he gets pissed off. why would i have to have good eyes to spot a barndoor?? i know what it looks like, im not stupid even though you may think so, but the truth is you dont know anything about me, or my family, so stop with the childish bullshit attitude ok? sure i may be younger than you and most others here, and i may not know as much about vw's as you and others, but that doesnt mean you have to be a bitch about it, acting like the high school bully tryin to show off everytime you see someone you dont like. the fact is, i was there and you werent, so please, shut the fuk up. if anyone wants to try and get it, i will gladly do everything in my power to help them.

swervyjoe Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:58 pm

doveblue3 wrote: pretty much everyone on this board is looking for a
bd on any given day, but no one ever finds one because there arent
really any to find.

better set these guys straight: Barndoor Recovery Mission

Barndoor Mafia Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:05 pm

doveblue3 wrote: please stop embelishing your stories lil' fella. let me clarify why you are getting called out again for BS....pretty much everyone on this board is looking for a bd on any given day, but no one ever finds one because there arent really any to find. yet you have managed to find yet another one to go with the field full of 'em in alabama? and it was only half a cab, sticking straight up in the air, and your dad wouldnt stop? you must have good eyes then to know what it was. i hope that i am wrong and you did find one so it could drug back out on the road, but i dont think i am.

I was waiting for you Krissy Montesanti!!!!!!!!

SHSC Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:13 pm

Ok, I just had a few, so let me go over this again..... You and pops were cruising in the back country, from the road you see a single cab right? It is not a whole truck but half a truck and you can tell it is a barndoor? Proof is needed, photos please.

Quote: put a sticker on the rear window. I thought the bus doesn't go?.

Quote: and he hates them both. everytime i say nice volkswagen to someone he gets pissed off.
Do you yell it from the car while driving down the street?

Okie Adam Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:18 pm

vwjosh67 wrote: look, im not embelishing anything, i saw what i saw, ok? so what if everyone on this board is lookin for a BD, does that mean i cant find any?? and i never said there was a field full of them in alabama, so get your facts straight. what i said was, i think i saw a couple old barndoor buses sitting in this guys field full of vw's. he buys old vw's and re-sells them for loads more than he buys them. no, it was just the cab, and it was leaning with the nose slanted towards the sky. no my dad wouldnt stop, i already have 2 buses, and he hates them both. everytime i say nice volkswagen to someone he gets pissed off. why would i have to have good eyes to spot a barndoor?? i know what it looks like, im not stupid even though you may think so, but the truth is you dont know anything about me, or my family, so stop with the childish bullshit attitude ok? sure i may be younger than you and most others here, and i may not know as much about vw's as you and others, but that doesnt mean you have to be a bitch about it, acting like the high school bully tryin to show off everytime you see someone you dont like. the fact is, i was there and you werent, so please, shut the fuk up. if anyone wants to try and get it, i will gladly do everything in my power to help them.
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

:roll: This sounds familiar. Do you also post under the name 74 super in the general chat forum?

AndrewM Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:19 pm

swervyjoe, I'm pretty sure those pictures were from the UK...where they have more barndoors than we do. I believe 99% of the US barndoors are now in the hands of VW collectors.

Skim Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:19 pm

Post a pic

vwjosh6070 Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:26 pm

Quote: Ok, I just had a few, so let me go over this again..... You and pops were cruising in the back country, from the road you see a single cab right? It is not a whole truck but half a truck and you can tell it is a barndoor? Proof is needed, photos please.

i will be glad to post photos next time i go up there.

Quote: I thought the bus doesn't go?.

if you are meaning you thought it doesnt run, it dont. i bought it at a shop and just put it on when i got home.

Quote: Do you yell it from the car while driving down the street?

no, the last time i said it was coming home, i saw a beetle and i said "nice beetle" and he goes bezer telling me i dont have to comment on every vw i see.

Quote: This sounds familiar. Do you also post under the name 74 super in the general chat forum?

no, i dont. i dont go into the general chat that much. and if it sounds familiar, then thats just weird.

Quote: I believe 99% of the US barndoors are now in the hands of VW collectors.

well maybe i just happened to find one of those 1% still out there.

SHSC Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:28 pm

vwjosh67 wrote:

uh-oh, one percenter!

vwjosh6070 Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:29 pm

lol

Okie Adam Mon Jun 07, 2004 4:31 pm

SHSC wrote: vwjosh67 wrote:

uh-oh, one percenter!

None of my buses are for sale??????and neither am I you dirty boy.