TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Is it worth it?
daniel5560 Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:55 am

Right now I have a chance to get a singlecab bus, Its really rusty, but not gone. The cargo floor in the underside rotted out, but the cab is in nice shape. There is no motor and all it would cost me is towing it out. Would it be worth fixing, or parting out?

jeremyrockjock Tue Jun 22, 2004 5:59 am

Many factors to consider.
Do you weld?
Do you have a place to work on a project?
Do you have the money to finance the project?
When you look at the bus, do you see patential?

Do you have pics? I would like to see the condition and what year it is.

mynameismud Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:42 am

That's very vague- Similar to me asking is my wife worth keeping? She is almost 40, sometimes VERY bitchy and spends 90% of her time buying and returning things at Target. :wink:

Want to trade her for your single cab?- Thou- if it is a post '61, I will need $250.00 cash along with it.

jeremyrockjock Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:46 am

LOL "i got a singlecab for my wife, it was a good trade".

BryanM Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:01 am

RustyPanel wrote: That's very vague- Similar to me asking is my wife worth keeping? She is almost 40, sometimes VERY bitchy and spends 90% of her time buying and returning things at Target. :wink:

Want to trade her for your single cab?- Thou- if it is a post '61, I will need $250.00 cash along with it.

Does she cook and clean? I ve got a 60 panel van I could trade you , Trans am scoops in the doors and all. Got any pics?? Here's a pic of my van, let me know if you interested. I will have my representive from west Africa take delivery.

:D

mynameismud Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:16 am

singlesquared wrote: RustyPanel wrote: That's very vague- Similar to me asking is my wife worth keeping? She is almost 40, sometimes VERY bitchy and spends 90% of her time buying and returning things at Target. :wink:

Does she cook and clean? I ve got a 60 panel van I could trade you , Trans am scoops in the doors and all. Got any pics?? Here's a pic of my van, let me know if you interested. I will have my representive from west Africa take delivery.

:D
;
cook and clean? does cpt'n crunch and honey brown count? that is one sweet ride- the "junk" would need to stay thou-

jeremyrockjock Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:16 am

I don't think Paul wants another "Rusty Panel". And Bryan, thats not a van. :wink: :D

BryanM Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:40 am

jeremyrockjock wrote: I don't think Paul wants another "Rusty Panel". And Bryan, thats not a van. :wink: :D

Ahh , but Jeremy, Its a full on 70s "custom Van" only thing its missing is moon shaped side windows.

mynameismud Tue Jun 22, 2004 7:42 am

singlesquared wrote: jeremyrockjock wrote: I don't think Paul wants another "Rusty Panel". And Bryan, thats not a van. :wink: :D

Ahh , but Jeremy, Its a full on 70s "custom Van" only thing its missing is moon shaped side windows.

no moon side windows? man..........gotta pass then

Andrew Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:14 am

singlesquared wrote: jeremyrockjock wrote: I don't think Paul wants another "Rusty Panel". And Bryan, thats not a van. :wink: :D

We can fix that. :lol:

papasmurf Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:55 am

I think that could be considered a logo panel! I'll take it. :lol:

Okie Adam Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:01 pm

singlesquared wrote:

I get it. junk in the trunk, budonkadonk. :lol:
to bad the luggage compartment isnt called a trunk. :x

BryanM Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:07 pm

"Junk" was on it when I got it. Near as I can figure is the dudes went through the woods where it and a bunch of others were and painted was was junk and what was not. Of course i could be over reaching and totally wrong. I havent removed it yet and may not untill (if) it gets a repaint.

mynameismud Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:36 pm

repaint it? pure blasphemy