TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: New friends in the USA.
krusher Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:23 pm

:D I would just like to say a big thanks to all the new friends that I made on my 3 month travels around the west coast.
People fed me, put a roof over my head and let me drive there buses. Some even allowed me to cut parts of there buses!!!!!!

You all know who you are, Once again a big thanks.

The above was made possible by www.thesamba.com and we all know who we have to thank for that. :wink:

NorCalWeekender Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:40 pm

Hey...glad to hear you made it home safe and sound! Was very cool meeting you at BYOB!

-Taylor

krusher Fri Jul 09, 2004 12:45 pm

keep on watching that british TV programing, you know its the good stuff. :wink:

56rhdsamba Fri Jul 09, 2004 1:56 pm

Back to the grind now Keith and no more sun. Since we came back it's either been windy or p***ed it down the two weeks of our summer I think we missed! but Your used to that in Wales ain't you.

Erik G Fri Jul 09, 2004 2:16 pm

it was great meeting you, I'm sure you will be back. it's infectious. your american wife (Misty) says hello too

hazetguy Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:30 pm

nice meeting you. come back for some more tamales anytime.
hey, how did your muffler turn out?

Erik G Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:38 pm

hazetguy wrote: nice meeting you. come back for some more tamales anytime.
hey, how did your muffler turn out?

Mine?

came out good, even though we were only set up for flux core that day. saved me from having to buy a new muffler for a while. plus the big glob welds (due to the flux core) double as sparking skid plates on the notch. :)

JPH Fri Jul 09, 2004 4:24 pm

Keith,

It was good to meet you. And thanks for your help trying to find my slippage problem. Too bad it was third gear, but I appreciate your trouble shooting efforts.

JP

PS Hope you make it over the pond again soon.

Lind Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:59 pm

Kieth,
it was great meeting you and hanging out with you. I wish I had dropped you off at the airport, because that would have been cool to pick you up at the airport in boise and drop you off at the airport in LA. oh well, it was fun hanging out on both the beginning and the end of your adventure, as well as the middle at kelley park also.

Harold L Green Fri Jul 09, 2004 9:53 pm

Keith, A great pleasure to meet you. We spoke a little @ the vintage meet held in Bakersfield, while you were collecting money for overnight camping. How did John con you into working on your Holiday . Hoping to someday cross the pond, in the near furture. Looking forward to seeing how its done in the U.K. Harry

LHG Fri Jul 09, 2004 10:16 pm

A Big Shout Out from the Central Coast gang in Calif. Seems where ever Keith went he was put to work. Here in Paso he solved a mystery brake problem Tom was having with his 54 RHD Beetle. As usual he worked for food :!:

I'm sure you had a wonderful adventure. Thanks for being a great VW ambassador.

TimB Sat Jul 10, 2004 9:15 am

Keith I met you briefly at the DKP pre classic cruise. I heard that you even hammered on a barndoor at the Mafia BBQ to get the door lined up. Sounds like you had quite an adventure being a jack of all trades.

crofty Mon Jul 12, 2004 7:48 am

So it's back to no sun and surf, huh?!! Nice seeing you at every show I went to from march to June!! Are you missing the mexican food yet?

krusher Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:01 am

yeah I'm missing the sun, surf and mexican food big time. I tryed to cook enchiladas the other day they cam out ok, buts it not the same, and there not a sniff of a tamale over here :cry:

hazetguy Mon Jul 12, 2004 8:12 am

nah, i was asking about keith's fancy 36hp muffler. but by the looks of things, keith made the welding tour of the west coast!

Yustrn Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:52 am

Atleast you made it back home, you know you always have a house to park your Fat Chick in front of in Sacramento....o.k, well maybe if your here for more than a few days you'll have to park it out back cause I wouldn't want anyone thinking it's mine... :D

splitpile Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:18 am

krusher wrote: yeah I'm missing the sun, surf and mexican food big time. I tryed to cook enchiladas the other day they cam out ok, buts it not the same, and there not a sniff of a tamale over here :cry:

It was good meeting you at all the different places we ran in to each other, just be glad you were in Havasu in January, it's only 115 degrees today!!! and I'm still driving my bus

crofty Mon Jul 12, 2004 12:01 pm

splitpile wrote:

It was good meeting you at all the different places we ran in to each other, just be glad you were in Havasu in January, it's only 115 degrees today!!! and I'm still driving my bus

Right into the lake!!

splitpile Mon Jul 12, 2004 1:00 pm

krusher wrote: yeah I'm missing the sun, surf and mexican food big time. I tryed to cook enchiladas the other day they cam out ok, buts it not the same, and there not a sniff of a tamale over here :cry: