TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Bus questions.
brianacarey Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:10 pm

I have a few questions that I hope someone can answer for me. I have a non-walkthru 1965 21 deluxe that I am trying to bring back from the dead, and it is missing several pieces one of which is the middle seat. I also have a 1967 deluxe 13 window walkthru that has a 3/4 middle seat. If I am trying to restore to original, will this seat be correct, or do I need to trade someone for a full length middle seat?

Second,

I need to replace the right halfof the floor in my bus, and see that I can order this from Wolfsburg West, but what changes do I need to make to this. It says it has the striker area, but when I looked on Metalwiz, I see that he welds or moves the striker area out a half of an inch or something. Can anyone clarify that for me?

My email is [email protected].

Thanks in advance.

OG Velvet Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:14 pm

As far as the seats go, the 67 can take either seat. Whichever size though HAS TO BE 67 ONLY!! Check your mcodes to see if your bus is a 7 or 8 seater. I have a 67 walkthrough and I bought the full length seat even though my mcodes say 7 seater. It's up to you.

brianacarey Wed Jul 14, 2004 7:18 pm

The one I am trying to restore is the 1965 21 window. The 1967 is a donor. I should have made it more clear, sorry. Will the 1967 seat be correct for the 1965.

OG Velvet Thu Jul 15, 2004 12:26 am

Sorry I misread your post. Try a search for middle seat and you may find your answer. I think 63 or 64-66 will fit. Someone here should know for sure