TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: when is the Denver bug in?
bus-deciple Tue Jul 27, 2004 6:05 pm

Do any of you guys know when the "Fine Line Bug In" is in Denver?I go nearly every year but I dont rember when it is. :?

bus-deciple Tue Jul 27, 2004 7:15 pm

:-s

sixfootdan Tue Jul 27, 2004 9:07 pm

August But I don't know the day?

vwandy Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:00 pm

august 8th

dstefun Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:10 pm

Quote: Aug/08/2004

G&G’s Import Auto Clinic “BUG-IN”
presented by V-Accessories.com

MORRISON, Colorado – (January 20, 2004) – New for 2004, the largest All-Volkswagen meet in the Rocky Mountain region will add Audi and Porsche vehicles to the event. Sunday, August 8th 2004 marks the date. The 20th Annual G&G’s Import Auto Clinic “Bug- In” presented by V-accessores.com is designed for Volkswagen, Audi and Porsche enthusiasts as they participate in a variety of fun activities, showcasing awesome show classes that range from shined-up daily drivers to rare classics. The event would not be complete without the hard-charging heads-up classes of the Pro Racing Association, and handicapped bracket classes for all competitors. G&G’s Import Auto Clinic and V- Accessories.com have come on-board as the new title-right sponsors of the event. Once again the Water-cooled classes will be open to new generation racers.
See head to head competition in the PRA classes of Pro Mod, Super Street, Super Comp and Super Gas. Bracket-style handicapped drag racing features classes Pro Eliminator and Sportsman Eliminators sponsored by Painter’s Grinding.
If racing in a straight line is not your forte the solo slalom course contest is available. Timed against the clock see how your vehicle corners and runs through the gears.
Vendors, sponsors and guests will be on hand selling VW, Audi and Porsche merchandise and giving tips on performance and restorations.
Looking for that rare used part, this event also features one of the largest All- Volkswagen, Audi & Porsche swap meets in the region. Come early to scope out all the great deals.
The nationally acclaimed Airwalk BMX Stunt Team returns for the second year to amaze the crowd with three high-flying shows. You’ve seen them at the ESPN X Games and NBC’s Gravity Games now see the excitement at Bandimere Speedway.
This full day of activities is perfect for the whole family to come out and be a part of the action or to just enjoy watching! Gates open on August 8th at 8:30 a.m. Race/Show entry fee is $30; spectators are $12 each (children 12 and under are FREE). Call (303) 697- 6013 Ext. 125 for pricing and availability on vendor midway spaces.
For more specific event information or a color brochure on the 2003 G&G’s Import Auto Clinic “Bug-In” presented by: V-Accessories.com, call (303) 697-6001. Information can also be accessed through the On-Track Performance 24-Hour Hotline at (303) 697-4870, or via the web at www.bandimere.com.
Bandimere Speedway is located 10 miles west of Denver off C-470 at the Morrison Road Exit.

DRAG RACING, HUGE CAR SHOW, BUG STUFF, PRA CLASSES, VENDOR MIDWAY, SWAP MEET, BUG PUSH

Schedule

Gates open 8:30 am
Car Show Judging 9:30 am - 1:00 pm
Time Trials Begin 11:00 am
Eliminations 1:30 pm
Show Awards 3:00 pm
Special Events scheduled throughout the day.

Admission

Participant $30 (includes car & driver, license plate, and eligibility for show awards)
If racing, pay additional fee at tech.
Swap Meet (20' x 20') $30
Larger displays will need to purchase additional space.
Spectator $12
Children 12 and under FREE with paying adult.
No participant entries accepted after 11:30 am.

Race Classes

All Volkswagen owners can participate. There are classes all skill levels.

Sportsman Eliminator

All vehicles in this class must run 15.00 seconds or slower, with no electronics. WIN, R/U, Semi trophies will be awarded.

PRA Pro Eliminator

PRA Rules. All vehicles in this class must run faster than 14.99 seconds, no electronics. WIN $700, R/U $300, Semi $150, QTR $75, minimum 24 cars. Entry fee $75.

PRA Pro Mod

PRA Rules. WIN $1200, R/U $400, Semi $150, minimum 6 cars. Entry fee $95.

PRA Super Street

PRA Rules. WIN $1000, R/U $300, Semi $125, minimum 6 cars. Entry fee $95.

PRA Super Comp (11.60 index)

PRA Rules. WIN $800, R/U $300, Semi $150, minimum 6 cars. Entry fee $95.

PRA Super Gas (12.65 Index)

PRA Rules. WIN $800, R/U $300, Semi $150, QTRS $50, minimum 14 cars. Entry fee $80.

V-accessories.com Water Cooled Eliminator

Open to all water cooled VW's. No delay boxes. Dial-your-own racing, WIN, R/U, & Semi trophies.

Show Classes

Classes for all makes and models of VW including but not limited to:
Radical Custom, Modified, Vintage, Ghia, Daily Driver ('65 & Earlier), Daily Driver (1971- 1975), Daily Driver (1966-1970), Daily Driver (1976-1979), Convertible, Bus, Type III, Off Road/Sand Rail, Baja/Dune Buggy, Thing, Race Car, Undone, Special Interest, Water Cooled ('84 & Earlier), Water Cooled (1985-1992), Water Cooled (1993-19991/2), Water Cooled (19991/2 - Newer), Audi, Porche, and Best of Show

Swap Meet

Entry includes 20' x 20' space and one spectator admission for $30. All vendors receive a complimentary event license plate. Swap Meet designed for private parties only. For commercial display prices and information, contact us at (303) 697-6013 Ext. 125.

Additional Activities

VENDOR MIDWAY, BUG PUSH, BUG STUFF, FUN AND GAMES!

Host Hotel

Days Inn Denver West
15059 West Colfax Ave.
Golden, CO 80404
(303) 277-0200

Visit these great Bug-In supporters: VW Enthisiats of Colorado
Tynan's Volkswagen
23 Deluxe
Nu Vintage VW Parts & Accessories
McDonald Automotive Group
VW Trends Magazine
Dune Buggies & Hot VWs Magazine
Painter's Grinding
Fineline Signs, Graphics, and Studio

No Tickets available on-line.

Tickets sold the day of the event at the Bandimere Speedway Box Office or for advance tickets call (800) 664-UWIN.

15 windowdelux Tue Jul 27, 2004 11:19 pm

We're heading out on friday to Denver, to hit the various shops. Saturday I hear that Painter's Grinding, Cool Stuff, and Nu-Vintage are possibly having open houses at their shops for something to do. There is still going to be a campout at the old RMMW building in for anyone wanting a place to camp out. I haven't heard for sure but OE VDUB may also be having some kind of open house or get together also. Has anyone heard of any other VW related gettogethers? The Nebraska group I'll be traveling with with (8 to 10 VW's) are also considering taking a cruise to the mountains (Central City-Blackhawk) area on saturday.

Vintage Auto Werks1 Thu Jul 29, 2004 6:45 am

I will be flying into Denver either Wednesday or Thursday to pick up a beetle and hitting all the events while I am out there. If anyone has a cheap metal roof rack for a beetle I would be interested in buying it once I get out there. Thanks

Dan
Vintage Auto Werks

Bart Thu Jul 29, 2004 7:26 am

I needed to make a site visit to a facility in Denver and just arranged it so I can fly in on the 8th. What's the best way to get to the show from the Denver Airport?

Ian Thu Jul 29, 2004 11:08 am

If anyone needs a lift to this show, just let me know. I'm just south of Denver by 10 minutes or so and I'll definitely be driving Cassidy to the show. I'm more than happy to give anyone a lift.

Vintage Auto Werks1 Thu Jul 29, 2004 3:49 pm

I just need to find a way to get from the Denver Airport to Westminster to pick up the beetle I am bringing back with me. Then I will be able to join in all the fun for the weekend.

Dan
Vintage Auto Werks

german_metal Fri Jul 30, 2004 8:30 pm

Sundial Camper wrote: I needed to make a site visit to a facility in Denver and just arranged it so I can fly in on the 8th. What's the best way to get to the show from the Denver Airport?

Head out I-70 West towards the mountains after you exit the main road for DIA, Pena Blvd. Just before you start to climb the hills (about 20 miles or so), you need to exit onto C-470 South. Head about 3-4 miles to the Morrison exit, Bandimere is on your right as you get off that exit. You can't miss it sitting up there cut into the side of the mountain. PM me if you need any help with anything while you are here. Same goes for you Vintage!

Vintage Auto Werks1 Sat Jul 31, 2004 7:17 am

Looks like I will be flying into Denver at 8:20 in the morning on Wednesday then heading to Westminster to pick up the beetle. After that I am sure we will hit up NU-Vintage and a few other shops up there. We will have 5 days to drive it around Colorado to make sure everything is running good before we head back to IL or head down to AZ to visit the grandparents. All depending on how good or bad the beetle runs once I get there. It should be a great weekend.

Dan
Vintage Auto Werks