TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Portlanders-
mynameismud Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:22 am

Has anyone in the area seen this panel to give me their input- (other then what is stated)

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=95830

(i've contacted the seller - but no reply)

veedubgirl Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:11 am

I've seen many like this, and one of them may have been this one....

Looks pretty rough..Are you willing to do alot of work?

mynameismud Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:20 am

maybe- Hey Jenna- how far are you from North Powder. OR?

DaveM Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:18 am

I'm right next to North Powder.... about 30 minutes away.

Clara Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:38 am

veedubgirl wrote: I've seen many like this, and one of them may have been this one....

I haven't seen many early (pre 62) walkthrough DD panels. But ya... it does need work. He sort of implies it's a runner/driver.. is it? I think the price is high if it isn't. barn fresh? Does that mean it smells like a mouse nest? Is it registered to the engine # like lots of Oregon split buses were, and does that number match the engine in it? Funky header on a 36hp? split case tranny? vin? why didn't he turn the pictures around to a better angle?

mynameismud Tue Aug 10, 2004 8:48 am

Clara wrote: veedubgirl wrote: I've seen many like this, and one of them may have been this one....

I haven't seen many early (pre 62) walkthrough DD panels. But ya... it does need work. He sort of implies it's a runner/driver.. is it? I think the price is high if it isn't. barn fresh? Does that mean it smells like a mouse nest? Is it registered to the engine # like lots of Oregon split buses were, and does that number match the engine in it? Funky header on a 36hp? split case tranny? vin? why didn't he turn the pictures around to a better angle?

Very good ?'s- he replied once- so I will ask those ?'s too

DubStyle Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:02 am

Looks rough for 3.5k.

veedubgirl Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:07 am

I don't even know where "North Powder" is....that would probibly mean that it's far away from me... :lol:

ok ok, so i havn't seen "many" of these but I've seen a couple blueish panels around...but if he's in "North Powder" I probibly havn't seen this one....

mynameismud Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:29 am

veedubgirl wrote: I don't even know where "North Powder" is....that would probibly mean that it's far away from me... :lol:

ok ok, so i havn't seen "many" of these but I've seen a couple blueish panels around...but if he's in "North Powder" I probibly havn't seen this one....

Nope- that ones NOT in North Powder- he's saying Portland. I agree it's rough looking- and Naturally I want more pics then what is listed-

(maybe I want too much). :lol:

Lind Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:08 am

RustyPanel wrote: veedubgirl wrote: I don't even know where "North Powder" is....that would probibly mean that it's far away from me... :lol:

Nope- that ones NOT in North Powder- he's saying Portland. I agree it's rough looking- and Naturally I want more pics then what is listed-

(maybe I want too much). :lol:

is there a panel in north powder? if so, it must be hiding really good. although Mark L. pulled a sealingwax red/biegegrey '60 standard out of north powder some years back. (note the very rare color combo for that year)