TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Chicks and Buses? Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
LedFloyd Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:21 am

I posted this one in the bay forum and got many good responses, wanted to see what it was like for you splits:
I'm hopefully getting my 71 Bay tomorrow, which is also my 18th birthday, and I have to say I've become obsessed with these things. I can't wait to attempt my first tune-up, I just want to see and feel and hear that engine, these buses are becoming an infatuation. I can't put the Muir book down and I'm ordering the Bentley on payday. Every night I come home, I come pay a visit to the Samba for at least an hour. But I was just wondering, do chicks dig buses? -Mike

doveblue3 Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:24 am

LedFloyd wrote: I posted this one in the bay forum and got many good responses, wanted to see what it was like for you splits:
I'm hopefully getting my 71 Bay tomorrow, which is also my 18th birthday, and I have to say I've become obsessed with these things. I can't wait to attempt my first tune-up, I just want to see and feel and hear that engine, these buses are becoming an infatuation. I can't put the Muir book down and I'm ordering the Bentley on payday. Every night I come home, I come pay a visit to the Samba for at least an hour. But I was just wondering, do chicks dig buses? -Mike

not late models!

ROADKILL Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:26 am

the one's who don't dig buses you don't need LOL.

TimB Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:35 am

doveblue3 wrote: LedFloyd wrote: I posted this one in the bay forum and got many good responses, wanted to see what it was like for you splits:

not late models!

LOL hey a '71 is a good introduction to the Bus world. Disc brakes, type 1 motor...ect.

Bart Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:36 am

doveblue3 wrote: LedFloyd wrote: I posted this one in the bay forum and got many good responses, wanted to see what it was like for you splits:

not late models!

LOL! Most won't know the difference. I get I really like your van from the teeny boppers all the time.

EvilBus Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:51 am

LedFloyd wrote: I posted this one in the bay forum and got many good responses, wanted to see what it was like for you splits:

Having had a few experiences in a few busses over my years, when I was a teenager, you always had the dilemna of getting a bench front seat or a walk through. The bench seat allowed your honey to get closer. The walk through got to the back quicker. Best times were in my Step Dad's 68 Hardtop camper..

Man, I sound like an old fart now. Egads old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill. 8)

marklaken Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:14 am

i think some do but it probably depends more on yr personality...do you like hairy?....

if yr the love 'em and leave 'em type, the westy may not be the best get away vehicle...the first girlfriend i had that actually thought the vw bus thing was really cool ended up being my last girlfriend due to marriage!...guess she passed the test :)

anyway, if yr 18, they sure beat the chevy corsica i was stuck borrowing from the folks :)

EvilBus Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:24 am

marklaken wrote: i think some do but it probably depends more on yr personality...do you like hairy?....

Or, how about "Hey, that's not green toenail polish?!?!"

:shock:

Ms. Priss Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:43 am

I had a '71 Deluxe and I miss it, but mostly b/c of the memories I had in it. I now have a '65 that I'm anxious to get the bugs out so I can daily drive it. Yes, we girls love buses!

BryanM Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:41 pm

My wife likes busses.

Friedpotatoes Tue Aug 31, 2004 4:57 pm

i know pleanty of chicks who dig busses. But i dont know to many chicks who would own a bus (do to they dont know anything about cars (sigh).

On the other side i do know like 5 chicks my age who dig buses and/or vws in general and who will own, work on, and drive them to.

Hell i saw two hot chicks driving a bay window yesterday. and the last thing on my mind was they wernt in a split.

to bad i was in my truck.

I need to go finish the bus now (needs seats bolted down and some steering part)

P-Dub Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:19 pm

My wife learned to drive in a '62 SC and liked my '67 Westy I had at the time. So to answer your question, yes some chicks dig busses. And her father still has the SC. :wink:

Barndoor Mafia Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:29 pm

not late models!

ha ha ha ha ha ha! KRISI!!!!!!!!!!!!

KombiMonster Tue Aug 31, 2004 5:33 pm

My guess is if you find a chik into buses, chances are she's a bus guys ex....My girlfriend likes them now that I have one so It's kewl...

Andrew Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:28 pm

not late models!

Ha! It's funny because it's true.

radrob Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:26 pm

after taking my girlfriend to a couple of vw shows she had to have a bus
or a ghia and she ended up buying one of each
but she loves the bus the best
and i have a friend that has a 71 camper that she drives daily

dstefun Wed Sep 01, 2004 1:14 am

doveblue3 wrote:
not late models!

Au contraire, mes amis, Our 71 used to be my son's bus at college and several times he found notes from the fairer sex on the windshield saying something like "Cool bus, call me!" He did. :wink: He replaced it with the 78 when it got wrecked and the girls still dig it.

busgirl Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:27 am

Oh yea girls dig busses I LOVE them and any girl in her right mind would love them as well...

Stanagon Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:03 am

My wife used to be into Vdubs and her first car was a '74 Beetle I bought her back in the mid-80s. We had a lot of fun in my old '71 Westy taking some great trips and doing plenty of camping.

Fast forward 16 years later...
A couple years ago she got stranded on a hill with the kids in my '81 Westy when the clutch disintegrated. She hasn't driven that one since then. She also got stranded on a few occasions in our '87 Vanagon Syncro (no longer in the fleet). I can occasionally get her to ride in my '65 Panel (the "Tin Can" as she likes to call it) but she much prefers to drive her '96 Plymouth minivan around. This car has absolutely NO character, but it has never left her stranded. Attitudes do change with time, but I still love her.

As stated by others, '71 is a good year to get started with buses. Enjoy it, I'm sure you'll find plenty of chicks who dig it. I caught a fairly cute girl driving a Subaru smile as she checked out my '65 Panel on the highway yesterday. That makes all the hassle of driving and maintaining a nearly 40 year old vehicle worth it.

veedubgirl Wed Sep 01, 2004 8:27 am

I love busses, but it also depends on who's driving it...AND not lat models. gawdd those things are ugly! I guess I'm just attracted to classic cars. They have more style than their newer counterparts.