TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Best place for parts and advice in San Francisco Bay Area
Niceguy Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:46 am

I guess I just love the old bugs used to have one it was so much fun.

Can you tell me who is the best engine rebuilder here in the San Francisco Bay Area (east bay)?
and where can I go for parts and advice (east bay) specifically Danville pleasanton Walnut creek area

Thanks
Niceguy

Poor Realist Tue Aug 31, 2004 2:33 pm

I got mine from www.aircooledtechnology.com
I'd check with www.aircooled.net as well.

Give 'em both a call.

I don't mean to knock local guys, but the prices are pretty steep compared to what you get on non-locals. Plus the non-locals with good reps tend to want to make it so the engine will NEVER come back to them.

My 2 cents.

325c2 Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:20 pm

I just finished building my engine, I had the machine work done at the buggy house (510) 582-7843 in hayward. I had them balance the pistons, polish the crank and messure for the bearings. I had never rebuilt an engine before and it was all that hard it just take some time to make sure that everything is done correctly. the buggy house also builds engine if you really don't want to build it yourself.

so which one of the 4 bug in the danville alamo area is yours?

hlwimmer Wed Sep 01, 2004 7:43 am

volksauthority in sanjose can't be beat (408-286-7306)... i live in oakland and still find the distance worthwhile.

YellowBeetleSB Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:47 pm

Beetle Power (BP Automotive) on Santa Rita in Pleasanton,CA.

Megan
[email protected]

Nid Mon Jan 17, 2005 10:50 pm

I heard VolksAuthority closed though. Bugformance on Alum Rock Avenue off of Hwy 680 have never done me wrong.

ottobahn Mon Jan 17, 2005 11:49 pm

Beetle Power on Santa Rita in Pleasanton,really helpful and very knowledgeable!!!