TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: how to adjust a 30 pict 2 carb.
vwjosh6070 Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:26 pm

hey all, forgive me for not searching, but im in the middle of school. i think my bus is running to lean, how do i adjust it so it will be right? i know which screw it is, but how many turns do i need to turn it, starting from when its all the way in?? thanks in advance.

keifernet Thu Sep 02, 2004 4:45 pm

vwjosh67 wrote: hey all, forgive me for not searching, but im in the middle of school. i think my bus is running to lean, how do i adjust it so it will be right? i know which screw it is, but how many turns do i need to turn it, starting from when its all the way in?? thanks in advance.

Start with it about 2 turns out. Run the engine til warm and choke off...

screw the mixture screw slowly about 1 quarter turn in at a time and alow abour 10-15 secs between turns for engine to react and when it starts to stumble and die out a bit... turn it back out until it just clears and runs (idles) the fastest.

This will only correct the idle mixture... if your still lean you should pull the main jet, make sure it is clear and see what size it is. On a 1600 single you could run (depending on altitude) up to a 125 or maybe even a 127.5 main and be allright.. I think the 30-pict-2 came with a 116 or 120 122? stock.

vwjosh6070 Thu Sep 02, 2004 5:29 pm

cool, thanks a bunch!

chikojulz Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:09 am

keifernet wrote: vwjosh67 wrote: hey all, forgive me for not searching, but im in the middle of school. i think my bus is running to lean, how do i adjust it so it will be right? i know which screw it is, but how many turns do i need to turn it, starting from when its all the way in?? thanks in advance.

Start with it about 2 turns out. Run the engine til warm and choke off...

screw the mixture screw slowly about 1 quarter turn in at a time and alow abour 10-15 secs between turns for engine to react and when it starts to stumble and die out a bit... turn it back out until it just clears and runs (idles) the fastest.

This will only correct the idle mixture... if your still lean you should pull the main jet, make sure it is clear and see what size it is. On a 1600 single you could run (depending on altitude) up to a 125 or maybe even a 127.5 main and be allright.. I think the 30-pict-2 came with a 116 or 120 122? stock.

Good day sir's

I follow the instruction. My main jet already went down to 110 because my tip still black.

1.) Can i still change my main jet to 100 so that i can reach the normal color of the tip?
2.) What is the advantage and disadvantage of 100 main jet?
3.) When i adjust my carb i start in 2.5 turn out. When i turn it in the engine did not die even it is close alread. But the rpm is 500rpm nidle is close. What is the problem in my carb and should i do?.

I have 1500 engine 30 pict 2 carb. 125z airjet 60 idle jet.

Thanks in advance