TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 3 hippy dudes and a green bus= problems<-THE ORIGINAL Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 29, 30, 31
Bottomend Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:15 am

Great! Hey, whyot start one now with info about all the prep work you're dong ( or SUPPOSED to be doing!) Hook us now and you'll have a very attentive audience, I'm sure.

I'm tentivley scheduled to be "on the continent' mid november for two weeks. It's a work related trip and I'll be traveling alot. I would love to contact other bus drivers who have responded here as well as new folkes. Do you have a list of Euro bus forums???

Duncwarw Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:48 am

http://www.justkampers.co.uk/interactive/kampercha...&forumid=3

Go North young man!
There's no place like Yorkshire, The Lake District, and Scotland of course.

If you're going the other way, Wales.

Watch out on the roundabouts!

Duncwarw Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:49 am

Woops!

You did say CONTINENT didn't you.
There's always the chunnel, but Bavaria is nice and the beer is great!

vegaluca Fri Oct 15, 2004 2:14 pm

Bottomend wrote: Thanks for the kind words from Ireland and England!

I think it would be great if you and your family could post along the way during your 6 month vacation. A little loggin in to the Samba board from time to time to keep everybody abreast of your travels. Start a thread and I know you'll get alot of response's!

BTW, I just walked by the cul-du-sac to the burrito stand. I cant help but look over to the spot where the hippys were camped out and wonder....

http://www.type2ireland.org/

That chapter just overhead (BTW, etc) hung there for a while ...............
i was hoping that nobody would post straight after you Grease,
You gave it a cool ending buddy !

i drop in every so often too, to hear an update on the hippies.

Good luck to ye, Suzi & gang, looking forward to yer posts.
Go niree an bothar leat ! (may the road come up to meet you)
Vega :D

Bottomend Fri Oct 15, 2004 4:06 pm

Thanks for the kind words. Maybe I'll pop over to your forum board and have a look around just to see what all the fuss is about.

I would love to know what happened to those guys . I feel a little funny about calling them but I should just do it...

I'm heading out right now to help a fellow forum member ( bass heavy) figure out his tranny problems. He a new guy to The Samba so I wanna make a good first impression. I guess I've got a little bit of a reputation to uphold...

Zeen Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:11 pm

Bumped back up for the benefit of those wondering what all the fuss is about.

velokid1 Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:13 pm

Don, you just had to have the last word, didn't ya?

Wait a minute.... I just had the last word. :D

DurocShark Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:26 pm

:P

DeathBus Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:32 pm

im too lazy, what happened to these guys?

EZ Gruv Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:46 pm

Is there any way we can keep all this in the new thread? It'll be easier that way.

Bottomend Thu Apr 28, 2005 9:56 pm

Death bus, take the time to read the sucker. It's a weird journey from being to end. People from different corners of the world helped make this a true 'community event'. You're a part of this neighborhood, please share.

DeathBus Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:29 am

Bottomend wrote: Death bus, take the time to read the sucker. It's a weird journey from being to end. People from different corners of the world helped make this a true 'community event'. You're a part of this neighborhood, please share.

I was one of those peeps who gave some advice. But due to age I just cant remember what happened to them, did they make it back home?

Bottomend Fri Apr 29, 2005 12:28 pm

Well, the thing is ... we dont really know what happened to them yet.

Their fearless Leader is posting "his version" of the story in sections. Maybe he types slow. Real, real slow. I dunno...

Whatever the outcome, I think it'll be strange. I'd be pretty impressed if the Green bus was still alive and kicking at this point.

Zeen Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:11 pm

I heard the bus died in Arizona, and they're living in the hills around Sedona. There've been reported sightings outside a burrito stand late at night.

Bottomend Fri Apr 29, 2005 6:59 pm

Well, lets start the rumor mill spinning ... Maybe a contest to see who comes closest to actual fact?

velokid1 Sat Apr 30, 2005 7:57 am

78westy not westy78 wrote: I heard the bus died in Arizona, and they're living in the hills around Sedona. There've been reported sightings outside a burrito stand late at night.

I read that same story in the local paper a few months ago. But I think it was Oak Creek Brewery they were talking about, not a burrito stand. I'll try to find the old article...

MrBreeze Sun May 08, 2005 4:37 pm

Bumped to the top for those that haven't read it.