TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: ignition switch mounting help
vkoser Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:19 pm

I did a search and couldn't come up with anything. I have a newly acquired 64 single cab and the ignition switch while working great is laying on the parcel tray. I can't figure out how it goes in the column. It has one mounting screw hole in it. It does not appear to pass all the way through the column from the back side but the part where the key would go just sticks through to a bit past flush. Anyone have a picture of what it should look like installed? and if I even have the correct one? Mine has a B stamped on the part where the screw should mount it is that the correct part even?

thanks for the help
vince

Lind Tue Sep 21, 2004 5:45 pm

put the ignition switch in the pod under the speedometer so just the chrome part sticks out (just about flush with the pod). then put the key into it and align it with the hole on the bottom of the pod and put the screw in. its somewhat of a pain to get it in because there isn't much room in there and there are plenty of wires to get in the way. be sure to disconect the battery first.

TeamSpatula Wed Sep 22, 2004 5:22 am

Lind wrote: put the ignition switch in the pod under the speedometer so just the chrome part sticks out (just about flush with the pod). then put the key into it and align it with the hole on the bottom of the pod and put the screw in. its somewhat of a pain to get it in because there isn't much room in there and there are plenty of wires to get in the way. be sure to disconect the battery first.
Definitely disconnect the battery first - ask me how I know!!! :(
Also, once you get it together and bolted down, double check all the connections on there - they can come loose during the installation.