TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Blue Split Bus Floor Mat.....Value?
GutBus Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:05 pm

I found a Blue Slit Bus Floor Mat. Never seen one before, whats its deal? What Buses did they come in, are they rare? What are they worth compared to black mats?

EverettB Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:32 pm

They came in the later "Sea Blue" Buses.

It's worth more than black mat but not too much more. It really depends on the condition since the blue fades a lot more than black.

BUCIOBATISTI Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:36 pm

GutBus wrote: I found a Blue Slit Bus Floor Mat. Never seen one before, whats its deal? What Buses did they come in, are they rare? What are they worth compared to black mats?

Now you have to find a buyer with a Sea Blue Bus. I recall a 13 Window Deluxe around here years back that had both the front and rear mats in Blue. Kind of cool.

spookymulder Tue Oct 05, 2004 9:46 pm

I've got three of them and they are all faded and getting cracks!

Stanagon Wed Oct 06, 2004 7:31 am

My experience is that decent black mats (front or rear) are worth about $100 each. If the rubber is nice and supple and there are minimal tears or rips, I'd say maybe $150-200 for a blue one. Condition is still a real determining factor for value, as well as a buyer that has to have it.

Better not quit the dayjob just yet :wink:

BUCIOBATISTI Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:42 pm

Just a little detailing tip that I'd like to share with you guys. The best way I've found to clean rubber mats is to use a tile scrubbing brush and get some Westley's "Bleech-White" and give it a spray and scrub it down with the brush. It will remove all the build up, brown staining, rubber seapage that shows on most old mats. Then give it a wiping with some "Clear Guard" rubber dressing and it will usually look as good as new, clean, and moisturized and ready for more service. It will likely bring back the color on the Blue mats too, removing some of the staining that likely exists on it after all these years.

CdnVWJunkie Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:56 pm

I agree with the fading of the blue mats, big difference over black.

Good tip BUCIOBATISTI. I've used comet or other similar powders, wet the mat down and sprinkle the powder on and scrub with a good heavy brush and I usually use mop n glow or something, generally whatevers in the cupboard. The mop n glow is kinda slippery for the first couple days, but looks really nice and holds its shine.