TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: A wiper motor conversion with park for a 62 SC
JZsVWs Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:32 am

Does anyone know of a 12v wiper motor that has park that will fit in a 62 sc wiper assembly???? I'm looking to find a motor with 2 speeds and park, so I can put a intermittent wipers. I hate having to reach up every 10 seconds to turn them on and off. Thanks, JZ

jeremyrockjock Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:47 am

You could buy one of the aftermarket kits and retrofit it so it doesn't show or look nonstock.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ProductDisplay/s-10101/p-1251/c-10101

JZsVWs Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:50 am

Who and where are these? I haven't really seen anything. I've done Bugs forever and recently got into Buses. I used to drill and fit newer bug wiper motors into old wiper assemblies all the time. I have no idea about the bus ones.

jeremyrockjock Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:05 am

JZsVWs wrote: I used to drill and fit newer bug wiper motors into old wiper assemblies all the time. I have no idea about the bus ones.
I did that on my oval. I am sure you could do the same on a bus. It is basically the same style motor.

JZsVWs Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:39 am

I haven't pulled the wiper motor out yet to look at. Are you saying it's the same as a bug wiper motor or the same as a newer Bus motor? JZ

jeremyrockjock Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:56 am

This style.

jeremyrockjock Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:59 am

I am sure you could take the later style bus motor and make a bracket to mount it in an early bus and wire it so the park will work. The major difference in the later motors is the way they install. The wiper pivots and linkage are all together on one big bracket. You could scrap the pivots and just use the motor with a custom made mounting plate.

JZsVWs Wed Oct 27, 2004 9:28 pm

Thanks Jeremy, I'll hit up my friend with a couple of Fat Chicks sitting in his backyard and tear into one. I'll have to do it over a weekend for this is my daily driver and I live in OREGON, RAINY, RAINY OREGON.

DubStyle Wed Oct 27, 2004 11:05 pm

Won't the 12v armature Conversion fit in your 6v housing? I thought WW made them but I wasn't sure what years they fit. Might want to look into it. It was a breeze to do.

JZsVWs Thu Oct 28, 2004 7:24 am

I already have a 12V in it, but it doesn't have park when I turn the wipers off. The only way to put an intermittent control in it is to have park. Thanks for the info though. Thanks Anthony, JZ