TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 2005 NEATO Junk Yard Bus Calendar Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
Captoaster Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:10 pm

For the Nov/Dec issue of NEATO's Old Bus Review I'm looking to do a 2005 Split Window Bus calendar of the worst junk yard photos I can find! If you have any good bad photos of splitties where they have sat for years I would love to see them and see if I can get them worked in to a calendar! Send your photos to [email protected] please!
Thanks
Rob Laffoon
NEATO newsletter Editor

Skim Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:22 pm

cool idea. I get tired of restored shiney busses.

SHSC Thu Oct 28, 2004 11:33 pm

1. Will credit be given to the photographer?
2. Are non-members welcome to compete?
3. What size should the photos be?

Captoaster Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:08 am

1. Will credit be given to the photographer?
Well I had planned on using some of the not so great phots depnding on what I recieve as some individual date photos and I can try and get the photo data on some of the bigger photos but not really sure if it would be readable on individulal date photos! But I would try to Yes!

2. Are non-members welcome to compete?
No Only Split window bus photos please!!
Of course non-members of NEATO can enter pictures too! That is why I posted it here!

3. What size should the photos be?
The bigger the better! I've got cable! I will be deviding what photo goes where and some might be small individual date photos and that is yours then so be it! But than again it might be the large monthly photo and so be it again! My choice!!!!! Just trying to let you know cause I already got a guestion on to whether they could choose the month of their photos!
No preference as to where you want your photo as that will be MY choice by the ambiance of the photos.

Also I hope to get this calendar hosted on www.NEATOclub.org in color so everyone can use it/snag it as a gift and a Happy New Year for NEATO

I will be out of town through Sunday but the cable internet is on so send me your photos! But don't expect a answer to any guestions before Sunday Tell me a little about the photo(s) [year of bus if known, area of the country, unusuality of the bus, etc! Oh and the address!! JUST JOKING on the address just give me a area and country/state] and the circumstances of the photos. If it is a old photo try and date it for me too please

Thanks again
Rob

obus Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:43 am

i'm in! i got a good one i think from my B & W photo class in college. an old junkyard shot that may work. i'll send it monday night when i am home.

jeremyrockjock Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:23 am

One I took a few years ago. I could rescan it for a better pic.

TeamSpatula Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:30 am

jeremyrockjock wrote: One I took a few years ago. I could rescan it for a better pic.

Now *that's* a low bus!!!
that sets the new standard in slammed.
:)

jeremyrockjock Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:42 am

Its low but it ain't rollin. :lol:

DaveB Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:09 am

Here's a link for some junk Bus pictures I've taken.

Jeremy, take a look at the pic of the Bus with the barrels around it. That's a pressed rear bumper on it. I've got to go back and see if it
s any good. The thing was half buried in the ground as I remember, so I imagine it's rusted away under there.

Dave

DaveB Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:10 am

A link would have been nice

http://www.pbase.com/davebro/junkyard_buses

Mango Juice Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:19 am

Let me see what I can dig out, I have some great ones, a few from a local wrecking yard thanks to a old friend who let me photo his yard, R.I.P Mr. Pearson you will be missed by many!!

Metalwizard Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:21 am

Rob you want some pics of my back yard? ROFLMAO

Stanagon Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:11 am

Rob,

I'll send you a higher resolution copy (300 ppi) of this picture via e-mail.

I took it several years ago (late 80's?) at a local junkyard. I think the buses are long gone but the junkyard is still there. They even still let you pick your own parts. I try and get there at least once a year.

Great idea on the junkyard bus calendar.

Stan Wohlfarth
LiMBO prez.
Bentley Manual guy
aka. Stanagon

Clara Fri Oct 29, 2004 10:19 am

This is what happens if they sit in the woods in W WA.

crust.. it grows on you...

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=81082

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=78823
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=78732

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=78718

I think I have some more I never posted

the last one I got a steering lock out of :)

Widefiveguy Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:10 am

Dave b that image10 is there someting comin out from under the bus like smoke? Could that be the old spirt of the bus u captured on film?

Clara Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:48 am

talking about NEATO, I just got my new OBR yesterday... I had heard that Bill Colville had passed on but cause I'm bad with names, I didn't have a face to put to his name... now I do... bummer. He was a real nice guy. It's cool you used a photo I took on the cover. He's second from the left.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_page.php?pic_id=89099

BTW, the last check for my membership never got cashed...

crofty Fri Oct 29, 2004 12:39 pm

Clara wrote:

BTW, the last check for my membership never got cashed...

The last three articles I submitted never made it to publication, but I got credit for one of them in the latest issue. LOL

DaveB Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:01 pm

Quote: The last three articles I submitted never made it to publication, but I got credit for one of them in the latest issue. LOL

That doesn't make since. Are you a member? They're always asking for more articles to make a better OBR

splitpile Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:26 pm

found this a couple years back

crofty Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:29 pm

DaveB wrote: Quote: The last three articles I submitted never made it to publication, but I got credit for one of them in the latest issue. LOL

That doesn't make since. Are you a member? They're always asking for more articles to make a better OBR

I am a member. See if you can find me Yosemite story in the latest issue; it's not in mine.
I'm not going to bad mouth anyone as the guys I was in contact with are good guys.