TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: VW Shops in Maryland ?
Heirloom Tue Nov 02, 2004 4:58 pm

Anyone know of decent shops / mechanics in Maryland, specifically the Baltimore area?

I am fairly new to the VW scene and would like to find a decent place for the jobs I can't handle.

I have heard os Desmonds near Parkville and Shacomba's near Pimlico. Any others?

Thanks,
Tony

flatfour Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:18 pm

Give Peek Performance in Lanham a try. Good service
and they do good work. www.peekperformance.com

Heirloom Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:51 pm

Flatfour,
I bought my exhaust and dual carbs from Peek. Great people just a bit far from home. Hoping to find someone in Baltimore/Belair area.
Tony

paleale Wed Nov 03, 2004 7:27 am

I don't know anyone down there but up in Frederick try Staley's Repair 301-662-3211.
I have used him a few times and like him.

abdon Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:49 am

I sent you a PM with my work number. Give me a call and I'll tell you of the shops I know about.

HUMONGO Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:58 am

John Laurie has a shop right by the hospital in Havre de Grace. He's exclusively VW/Mercedes. Used to be the only air cooled mechanic around. He has a good reputation too. Doesn't have too many bugs to work on in recent years, but he still has them in the shop every now and then. E-mail me and I'll see if I can get you any more info.

hurry2gonowhere Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:37 am

i used to live in hagerstown and i would say pete at peek. he is a good guy and knows his shit, to bad he stopped the bug in at monrovia. stayleys in frederick is also good if you want to travel a couple of miles. there is also a place in walkersville md called mark 1 vw he is arrogant but very good at his work.