TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: wood slats in bed of splitty dblcab
martyhibb Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:55 pm

My bubby is thinking about buying a 65 dblcab and the owner says he also has a wood slat kit for the bed floor that will go with the truck. The wood kit is brand new and never used but the packaging is gone and we don't know anything about it. Has anybody seen this before? Any ideas?

DaveM Tue Nov 02, 2004 6:16 pm

well, if you had the original box with a 211 part number on them I would think you would have to pm me immediately!

There have been several people in the past that have made reproduction wood slats for single and double cab trucks. dropgates.com has some additional good information regarding them and how to install them!

buy that 65 and enjoy!

David

EverettB Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:31 pm

WolfsburgWest sells the kits nowadays but as Dave said, there are several people that could have made them in the past.

http://www.wolfsburgwest.com/cart/DetailsList.cfm?ID=265898001

EverettB Tue Nov 02, 2004 11:33 pm

DaveM wrote: well, if you had the original box with a 211 part number on them I would think you would have to pm me immediately!
Do you think they came boxed? I have seen several tilt assemblies stated to be NOS or "only used a few times" and the slats for those were just loose. Seems like it might be the same for the bed, maybe bound together somehow.

Alan Brase Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:10 am

Wouldn't it be a 265 part number?
Al
69 doublecab
DaveM wrote: well, if you had the original box with a 211 part number on them I would think you would have to pm me immediately!

There have been several people in the past that have made reproduction wood slats for single and double cab trucks. dropgates.com has some additional good information regarding them and how to install them!

buy that 65 and enjoy!

David

dstefun Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:26 am

DaveM wrote: dropgates.com has some additional good information regarding them and how to install them!
http://www.dropgates.com/resto/slats.html

EverettB Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:24 am

Good point
69doublecab wrote: Wouldn't it be a 265 part number?
Al
69 doublecab

buy that 65 and enjoy!

David

DaveM Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:50 am

ok, 265 is the truck code... yes?

hey, how about a quick tutorial on the first 3 numbers... keep it simple and just cover the 200 series... or is this already posted somewhere like in the parts manual and I just have never paid attention.

dstefun Wed Nov 03, 2004 10:51 am

DaveM wrote: ok, 265 is the truck code... yes?

hey, how about a quick tutorial on the first 3 numbers...

ANATOMY OF A VW PART NUMBER
http://www.aircooled.net/gnrlsite/resource/specgeninfo/partnumbers.htm

slammed67 Wed Nov 03, 2004 9:40 pm

lookin for davem. new post on wood slats look under any ideas? are they rare?

DaveM Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:42 am

slammed67 wrote: lookin for davem. new post on wood slats look under any ideas? are they rare?

huh?