TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: RU KIDDING? '66 Standard for $29K Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
UZI Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:30 pm

this madness must stop.

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=118795

TimGud Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:39 pm

I need to start selling buses for a living! :roll:

billyisme Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:40 pm

If it comes with wiper arms and briefcase with $20k cash then its not a bad deal.

campingbox Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:40 pm

Steve's always been one to push the envelope price wise....he'll probably have that thing for sale for five years until the prices come up....
I got a good deal on a 55 bus reflector from him at the OCTO meet.

EverettB Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:03 pm

He seems flexible in person

Scotts 63 23 Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:09 pm

Never sell it at that price. Just about all the nicer buses for sale on The Samba lately are way out of line. The sellers keep looking at each others' inflated prices and keep trying to outdo each other.

I have a neighbor that is trying to buy a bus right now and she is peppering me with questions about "what is this one worth?" and I have to tell her that the price is too high and to offer something lower...and then the seller sells the bus and posts a "SOLD" in the classifieds, making the other sellers and buyers believe they sold it for the full price.

I hope people aren't paying these prices because when the smoke clears, they are going to see that they got screwed...Hopefully Everett is getting his cut...

EverettB Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:15 pm

Of the "high-priced" Buses where I know the sales price, most of them sold for FAR less than the asking price. I would say most are closer to what you would think the actual value would be.

The Buses that are priced well sell in under 24 hours.

Quote: Hopefully Everett is getting his cut...
LOL

crofty Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:18 pm

I'd like the correct stuff if I was insane enough to lay down that kind of coinage.

Lind Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:31 pm

campingbox wrote: Steve's always been one to push the envelope price wise....he'll probably have that thing for sale for five years until the prices come up....

what are you predicting massive inflation? that bus is priced at 200% of market now.

lenwood Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:50 pm

we're talking american dollars here folks,not british pounds. wtf is going on? the way the economy is right now,who even has the extra coin? speakin of coin,that bus must have a few xtra kugerands included huh? i'm outa here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!whew! :agrue:

SHSC Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:53 pm

Lind wrote: campingbox wrote: Steve's always been one to push the envelope price wise....he'll probably have that thing for sale for five years until the prices come up....

what are you predicting massive inflation? that bus is priced at 200% of market now.

That's funny...market.

At least the guy spelled the color right.

boxonwheel Thu Nov 04, 2004 5:57 pm

$30K, what does that make my bus worth campingbox?

UZI Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:17 pm

here is an original bus for 30% less. a better deal but way outta line.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=119108

Lind Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:26 pm

UZI wrote: here is an original bus for 30% less. a better deal but way outta line.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=119108

this is what patience and $8k buys:

and it was for sale on this site exactly two years ago....

Enkiel Thu Nov 04, 2004 6:28 pm

EverettB wrote: Of the "high-priced" Buses where I know the sales price, most of them sold for FAR less than the asking price. I would say most are closer to what you would think the actual value would be.

The Buses that are priced well sell in under 24 hours.

Quote: Hopefully Everett is getting his cut...
LOL

24 hours?

the bus i bough was sold in less than what... 4 hours? :P

Hella Bro Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:16 pm

Im tired of doing somebody else a favor.
What happens is a person has a desirable bus for sale. I go look at it, in this case it happened to be a 1960 sealingwax-red double-cab.Owner wanted 10 large FIRM. So anyway I check out the bus and find a bunch shit about the bus that the current owner never even knew about, rust, hidden rust, replaced panels,damage, non original pieces etc.etc. Hearing this the owner was totally blown away how I could read this bus like a book! But he did not budge on his price,10 FIRM, eventhough I made a more than decent offer. 2 weeks go by and the owner sells it for 9. I was blown away that someone would pay that much for something in that condition,but to each his own.
My point is that the buyer would not have even been able to buy the bus for less if I didn't pave the way by enlightening the owner.
MY Props to the buyer for stepping up to the plate tho! 1960 Sealing-Wax Red Double-Cab.
Im sure Im not the only one that has done this.

BobDog Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:45 pm

I hope he gets it...just makes all our Buses worth more.

lonslo Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:56 pm

I personally know it's not worth it....... :twisted:

Church Key Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:07 pm

Yessuh, I am agog with all of the fine busses out there, and how little they are fetching.
So, yeah...this is some "Dreamboat Annie" shit for sure...but, hey, if someone drops that kinda "jing" on it...cool.
I personally dug the barndoor deluxe with the turbo motor sittin' on radars for 35K pounds!
Daaaaaaamn.

55samba Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:10 pm

Hella Bro, I think I saw that bus on the un-named bus seller in San Leandros trailor this weekend. Looked great from a distance and will be sold for much more soon if the same one.