TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Mt. Shasta Snow Trip -Jan 29th - Feb 1st 2015 Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 320, 321, 322 ... 430, 431, 432  Next
Backroadbus Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:58 pm

Thanks Brian. Yep, some of that night stuff is bomb. Oops did I say that in this day and age? Well you know what I meant. Wish I could get more of it, but it's usually faster paced stuff in the dark. Glad to get what I got!

I've got a meeting to go to that might mean money in the future, and after that I'll get into the bigger pile of worms of editing down some shots from Mina and the Ruth Lake Dam road.

Until then:

kombisutra Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:06 pm

Bout' time someone get that heavy hitter on film! Hope to see him at OCTO in the morning. Good to see you well Richard.

NorCalRiviera Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:36 pm

Love it, Gene! Totally love it!

Sadly, my program is up on jack stands until my rotors ship down to SoCal to be machined true again and shipped back.

Have fun at OCTO, y'all!

eejermon Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:03 pm

Rotors? What are rotors?
Hmmmm.

NorCalRiviera Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:07 pm

Well, I'm not referring to the one you stick in your dizzy.

heheh...stick in your dizzy.

Anyway, I upgraded to disc brakes last year after Shasta and it's been a troubled existence ever since. Won't bother everyone with the deets, but I almost wish I'd put that same amount of money into refurb'ing the drums and the whole front end instead.

Backroadbus Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:05 pm

Brian don't watch this one. In fact, no-one should watch this one.

Eej, I'm having trouble with the visuals, trying to figure out how one determines the amount of ukes one can shake one's pecker at.

So, here's the video for you all not to watch while I edit some Mina road stuff, which I am doing now....

Let me know if I am boring you all...I''m just getting it out there for fun, so...

norcalmike Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:23 pm

Keep em comin!

bad dog racing Fri Feb 24, 2012 11:38 pm

Fantastic Gene!
Thank you

Backroadbus Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:32 am

"Keep em comin!"

"Fantastic Gene!
Thank you"

Thanks...I will.....don't hold your breath for this next one...it's long, gonna take the rest of the night to edit and render.....might be up tonight, I dunno. I'd like to get through these and present as much as possible for better or worse before something else happens and I can't.

Don't let me forget to do the map scenes at the RS.

Backroadbus Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:36 am

Oh, and one more question...for these longer ones with bad audio (not that the Glidecam ones have THAT bad of sound - the engines sound great) but for the ones that have very little useful stuff, do you want music, does it matter, and if it does do you have any files you can send me of appropriate NON COMMERCIAL or totally non-copyright infringement stuff, like your girlfriend's little brother's 2nd grade teacher's son's band?

Or whatever. Let me know....

Thankee

NorCalRiviera Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:48 am

Makes no nevermind to me, but if you want music get hold of Adam and see about scoring some tunes from his band!

bad dog racing Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:48 am

Always liked the radio chatter.

SurfCityRacing Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:25 am

At 1:20, that's called wrestling the bull.

I like the raw stuff Gene!

Backroadbus Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:07 pm

Sorry Greg, I liked that chatter too, but sadly didn't get it together to record audio this year. I coulda, but I didn't.

Thanks Jeremy. Raw and bleeding. OK....so I skinned this carcass and took out most of the the nasty bits before putting it on your plate, and here you go:

eejermon Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:18 pm

Holy shit! A little bit o that goes a long ways! I'm dizzy just watchin' that. HTF do you shoot that without blowing chunks?

Whoa.

eeej

Backroadbus Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:32 am

Sorry Eej....I'll get better with it later. Quell thy heaving innards by NOT watching this, which is more of the same. This one ends with an exceptionally exhausted gas can interview.

Now working on the Ruth Lake Dam road edit.

Backroadbus Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:29 am

Ruth Lake Dam Road. Dirt, long, funner. Sorry...more funner.

I think this is the last (whew) of these all-glidecam shot edits. I know there's a lot in there to object to ... it was a challenging experiment!

NorCalRiviera Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:07 am

Backroadbus wrote: I think this is the last (whew) of these all-glidecam shot edits. I know there's a lot in there to object to ... it was a challenging experiment!

Gene, it's awesome! Some fantastic footage...I've been sharing it with friends and think I've convinced two friends from the northeast to travel out for Shasta 13!

eejermon Sun Feb 26, 2012 12:14 pm

Don't misapprehend me-the footage is fantastic and super-cool. It just makes me dizzy.

Can't sit in backward-facing seats on trains, either. Just me, I guess.

It really looks great. Cheers!
eeej

Backroadbus Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:49 pm

Anyone know how I can contact D.J. from Salt Lake? I'd like to use a particular clip of him in the next video.

I don't want to post it if he feels uncomfortable about it.

Let me know ASAP please!