TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Shasta Snow Trip Official Thread Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 439, 440, 441 ... 451, 452, 453  Next
68veedub Sun Jan 25, 2015 1:43 pm

spencersk8 wrote: It's Looking more and more like I'll be making this years SST. Where is our meeting point? Cold creek inn on the 29th I presume.
Cold Creek Inn is the end point of the trip. The starting point is about 20 miles west of the middle of nowhere in Northern California. You will want to be at the Rampaging Spot on Wednesday afternoon/early evening (January 28th). Shit gets real at 0400 Thursday morning. I suspect a veteran of the trip can message you the location of the Rampaging Spot...

spencersk8 Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:23 pm

Awaiting message! Thanks for the heads up.

joe cool Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:56 pm

Shasta prep began:

adjusted shifter plate no more grinding gears (actually a few days ago at kombihaus)
adjusted valves but they were pretty good
adjusted points were a little close, put some lithium grease on dizzy cam
reset timing at 0 for vac advance dizzy
drove like a maniac around the vinyards to get the motor juices warm
changed gear oil lots of iron on magnetic plug
changed motor oil, 10-40 because my motor is small oil passage single relief case and well worn
changed air filter oil 5-20 weight, lots of dirt so it must be working
cleaned 11.5 months of crap out of the bus and vacuumed floor
installed homemade single bed
organized and packed tools
organized and packed spare parts
(still need to get spare shift coupler bolts and spare front trans mount)
test fit chains (if we all agreed to leave our chains behind we might get some snowfall?)

Still to do:
CB and cig lighter share a circuit and it is dead, hopefully just a blown fuse but have not checked, hopefully CB works when circuit is fixed...
Would like to grease front beam and repack front wheel bearings
Would like to fix horn, broke 2-3 years ago when I rode with Kerner and we bottomed out steering box, still have not fixed
Pack clothes, food, bedding, TP & matches etc.

But I have plenty of time, right?

I miss the days when the SST activity was on TheSamba not FaceBook. I first heard about SST back in VintageBus.com days but I never joined until later (2008).

See you all in a few days at an undisclosed location in the middle of nowhere.

KCW Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:48 am

I agree... I am not on FB.... This thread rocked a few years back...
Team Colorado pushes out tomorrow!!! Bringing two busses.. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Anyone else driving from Colorado??? We plan to be at the Spencer Hot springs near Austin Nev tuesday night..... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

truckersmike Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:43 am

joe cool wrote:
I miss the days when the SST activity was on TheSamba not FaceBook. I first heard about SST back in VintageBus.com days but I never joined until later (2008)..

I miss the days when all the chatter was on the email list. Things change.

The one constant is the good ole citizens band. That shit will get us through the next apocalypse.

Bus is ready to go. Will be spending the evening packing and loading. Plan to leave Bellingham at 1pm tomorrow then join up with Will Porter in Portland before crashing at Lance's place in Grants Pass.

See you all at the RS!

badfish Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:39 pm

spencersk8 wrote: Awaiting message! Thanks for the heads up.

meet someone at Skinners shop in Vaccaville (Vaccaville Auto Body) and im sure someone will give you a ride.

We are all packed, tuned and ready to go....just need to install speedometer (hope to do so tonight) then all that s needed to pack is clothes food and beer. Gonna go meet up at Kombi Haus Wed morning

R Morris Mon Jan 26, 2015 3:49 pm

Double Double all packed. WW is crazy today. But time flies. 2 more hours then 7 days of living in a bus and the beautiful outdoors!!!
Leaving Tuesday am for Kevin's. Justin's Wednesday morning!
I too miss Samba thread. Not afacebooker. What ev. Can't wait for SNOW!!!!

crofty Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:04 pm

R Morris wrote: Double Double all packed. WW is crazy today. But time flies. 2 more hours then 7 days of living in a bus and the beautiful outdoors!!!
Leaving Tuesday am for Kevin's. Justin's Wednesday morning!
I too miss Samba thread. Not afacebooker. What ev. Can't wait for SNOW!!!!

No snow in the forecast. Bring suntan lotion, respirator and a lawn chair.

spencersk8 Mon Jan 26, 2015 7:19 pm

1) Kombisutra, Brian/Nathalie/Alex 1959 Kombi, San Anselmo, Ca
2) Joe Cool, 1963 Panel, Yolo County, Ca,
3) Team Badfish, 1967 Panel, Sacramento, Ca
4) Pepto Bomber, 1965 Single Cab, Grants Pass, Oregon
5) Team Green Truck, 1963 Single Cab, Merlin, Oregon
6) OCTO, Rich/Charlie, 1966 Standard, Inland Empire, Ca
7) Team Surf City Jeremy, 1966 Kombi, Santa Cruz, Ca
Cool Cool Colonel B 1967 13 window deluxe(casey jones) Sacramento CA
9) Team Shasta Ski Bowl, Tyler/Conrad's Mom, 62' Standard, OVP County
10) KCW , John Jones 67 pop top Grand Junction Colorado
11) Team Busset Hound 1966 flying pamper Cedar Grove,CA
12) Team Backroad Warriors 63 questy Ol' red
13) Team Rustybus, 1961 Ragtop Standard (the Rustybus), Mesa, AZ with co-pilot Marlena Marie
14) Team Opal 66 Riviera, PNW (previous years Team Howard Prairie).
15) Team Mountain Micros (Chas and Spencer), 1963 camper Rossbuss, Evergreen, Colorado

Stuartzickefoose Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:48 pm

Gosh with only 15 teams youll practically have to have ***windows on the trip :shock:

:lol:

NorCalWeekender Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:53 am

Stuartzickefoose wrote: Gosh with only 15 teams youll practically have to have ***windows on the trip :shock:

:lol:

I'll be curious to see what the actual numbers are because I am hearing claims of 50 buses on FB. With 15 here...makes me wonder which will be more accurate.

truckersmike Tue Jan 27, 2015 10:14 am

What has been the turn-out the past few years? My last SST was '08 and I think there were 20-25 buses at the times. Seems like it's much larger now.

jeffreezeyeti Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:31 pm

We made it to Austin so far and met a nice officer who just dealt with John Jones! We pretty much lost 4th completely but will make it there eventually.

We are hoping to get a small nut trans somewhere alnog the way and do the swap. We can spend 200 to 300 for a trans. Give us a call at 13213882615 if you can help.

Stuartzickefoose Wed Jan 28, 2015 12:16 am

13 and 14 was near 50 busses.

jeffreezeyeti Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:17 pm

VbugW70 wrote: We made it to Austin so far and met a nice officer who just dealt with John Jones! We pretty much lost 4th completely but will make it there eventually.

We are hoping to get a small nut trans somewhere alnog the way and do the swap. We can spend 200 to 300 for a trans. Give us a call at 13213882615 if you can help.

We made it to Reno and should be getting a tranny shortly. If there's a place between here and Shasta where we could do the swap ourselves we would greatly appreciate the help.

NorCalWeekender Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:20 pm

I just found you guys on Instagram. Are you really driving all the way out from Florida?

jeffreezeyeti Wed Jan 28, 2015 4:33 pm

NorCalRiviera wrote: I just found you guys on Instagram. Are you really driving all the way out from Florida?

My name is Jeffrey, I'm from Florida and have been road tripping for over a year and a half in a 72 high top. I met Heart in Colorado and am riding with him in his 61 double door panel.

Buggybob1 Wed Jan 28, 2015 9:08 pm

Jeff and Heart are swapping out their tranny in Reno right now. They should be back on the road in the morning.
Buggybob

deejee Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:59 pm

really quite bummed about the lack of Shasta updates and shenanagins in this forum.. lets get it back to what it was please..

sideshow Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:43 pm

Seriously we need to tighten security regarding this event, specifically the location of the epic camp site provided by informed local sources on day one.

Even after that Hitler over dubbed video of cleaning up after your crap, some body left a pile over looking the camp!

I am sure who ever that was had a great view of my shovel, free standing and full sized no more than 25 feet away. Or the just as close other camps. The actually concrete-roofed-doored-outhouse crap hole was just another road width and 50 feet away.

I would like to see this event with less inconsiderate assholes as a whole and kept on the down low.