TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Shasta Snow Trip Official Thread Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 441, 442, 443 ... 451, 452, 453  Next
Adam Fri Feb 06, 2015 6:28 pm

C.Moore wrote: Nor Cal is going to be getting a lot of rain starting this morning and through the weekend. Or say "the weather guessers".

Started sometime last night here in Petaluma and rained heavily throughout the day today.

Always enjoy seeing the SST videos and photos, thanks for sharing :D

norcalmike Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:03 pm

Pouring down in san jose all day

deadwesty Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:00 pm

Are we cursed? Same story last few years. I am calling for the 2016 Sst to happen the weekend right after Super Bowl weekend!

derRHDmeister Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:17 pm

deadwesty wrote: Are we cursed? Same story last few years. I calling for the 2016 Sst to happen the weekend right after Super Bowl weekend!

Nice idea...
:idea:
Let's set our 2016 SST on Feb 10th-15th right after the 50th anniversary Super Bowl (it will be on 2-7-16 at the new stadium in Santa Clara, fyi). :idea:

colonel b Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:53 pm

I had so much fun on this trip! Thechallenge for me was riding solo and solo prep since my wife is pregnant and none of my friends could commit. Great time though and fantastic roads this year. Knda sad to be on routes that should be inacessable due to snow but they afforded some epic views. Yeah after the ramshorn road i couldnt live with myself getting on 5 so next stop pulled off and figured out a slightly better way. I was thinking about going around 89 to do it proper but at that point i wanted to get there and relax and so old stage seemed the best option. thanks for the shout out andy and lita, and dillon for cruising long and helping me navigate to shasta. Kinda crazy antics each night, thanks to Alex foster for being the go between with our crazy friends, the locals and the bar security. We have a fairly rowdy bunch which makes it fun but can also get to be abit much. Love all our SST folks though. Thanks once again to kombisutra for the inspiration and concept that has evolved and become the SST, hope you dig the camo bus toys, and to all the family who make the annual pilgrimage such a wonderful time, Ive made great friends from all over on this trip and been blessed to see some of our great state from places few people ever venture out to. My bus, good ol Casey Jones the sunshine bus kept me and montana Rob safe once again. She is a deluxe with a warriors heart and is not afraid to get dirty with all her friends, some times I think she knows these old roads better than I do. As a 6 year shasta veteran I feel this trip and this family with crooked teeth and hearts of texas gold become my roots and culture and it was a pleasure to drive with all of you and pick out some tunes for the thursday night reggae session at the camp spot! As always lets keep our shit buried in the ground and our gas pedals buried to the floor! See y'all next year!

bad dog racing Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:27 pm

A Video from a first time Shasta Team.
Sarah and Jill from Team Forest totally rocked SST XV.

Alexmobil Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:18 pm

Great adventure guys!

CamBiscuit Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:15 am

Thanks for sharing the videos and stories guys, looks like an amazing trip was had again. Lots of inspiration there for some off road adventures for me once my bus is done!

LAGrunthaner Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:34 pm

Thank you Stasta bus pilots and co pilots your adventure just got me through a 45 minute MRI this morning as I used the annoying MRI sounds to invision myself in my bus driving the snowy trails with all of you . My imagination combined with the sounds went so well I was a little disappointed when it was over. Thank you all so much for the videos, stories and photographs as I combined them to a great adventure for my procedure. Looking forward to joining up with all of you someday soon to do it for real.

I have another MRI this Saturday and I will do the same thing. :wink:

jeffreezeyeti Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:06 pm

I've got all the pictures I took posted up on my live journal.

www.jeffreezeyeti.wordpress.com

suebug Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:33 am

LAGrunthaner wrote: Thank you Stasta bus pilots and co pilots your adventure just got me through a 45 minute MRI this morning as I used the annoying MRI sounds to invision myself in my bus driving the snowy trails with all of you . My imagination combined with the sounds went so well I was a little disappointed when it was over. Thank you all so much for the videos, stories and photographs as I combined them to a great adventure for my procedure. Looking forward to joining up with all of you someday soon to do it for real.

Valentine's Day MRI? Bummer. Envision installing those real Westy jalousies on your bus so you have real windows and good ventilation when you make it to SST in the future. Lots of bus projects still remaining to do. Start off just having time to be thinking through them. Good luck.

Oh yeah, awesome SST photos too. You team people are crazy nuts.

LAGrunthaner Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:46 pm

I got the wrong date it's the end of the month. Now I have lots of time for viewing more videos and pictures to fill my memory for that MRI. I love what this thread and adventure has become.

suebug wrote: LAGrunthaner wrote: Thank you Stasta bus pilots and co pilots your adventure just got me through a 45 minute MRI this morning as I used the annoying MRI sounds to invision myself in my bus driving the snowy trails with all of you . My imagination combined with the sounds went so well I was a little disappointed when it was over. Thank you all so much for the videos, stories and photographs as I combined them to a great adventure for my procedure. Looking forward to joining up with all of you someday soon to do it for real.

Valentine's Day MRI? Bummer. Envision installing those real Westy jalousies on your bus so you have real windows and good ventilation when you make it to SST in the future. Lots of bus projects still remaining to do start off just having time to be thinking through them. Good luck.

Oh yeah, awesome SST photos too. You team people are crazy nuts.

badfish Mon Feb 16, 2015 3:38 pm

Here is our video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ms8bGVNw0ko

LAGrunthaner Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:34 pm

Awesome video, the second song rolled in my head the entire MRI as I envisioned I was there with my bus at Shasta. Thanks a ton Badfish 8)
Yes they found out I have a brain but I must not use it enough as I'm not done assembling my bus :wink:

badfish wrote: Here is our video:

badfish Sat Feb 28, 2015 1:53 pm

LAGrunthaner wrote: Awesome video, the second song rolled in my head the entire MRI as I envisioned I was there with my bus at Shasta. Thanks a ton Badfish 8)
Yes they found out I have a brain but I must not use it enough as I'm not done assembling my bus :wink:

badfish wrote: Here is our video:

Glad you liked it

Stanagon Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:42 pm

Great video! I enjoyed all the different camera angles and how the stills were mixed in.

Stuartzickefoose Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:44 am

gosh, this thread has gotten more use in the last two weeks then the 4 months before the trip. :roll:

dang facebook! :lol:

awesome video BTW, just helping inspire me to find a splitty even more :)

norcalmike Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:46 am

Moreys truck was stolen 3/9/15 from stockton Ca

Please spread the word any way you can

badfish Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:47 am

I reposted, posted here on the samba and also the Sacramento Area VW events page. I see Jasmine has reposted on a lot of other pages on FB. Hope its found soon

norcalmike Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:51 am

badfish wrote: I reposted, posted here on the samba and also the Sacramento Area VW events page. I see Jasmine has reposted on a lot of other pages on FB. Hope its found soon

We will Post and repost until it is found!!! Thank You Andy!