TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Shasta Snow Trip Official Thread Page: Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 444, 445, 446 ... 451, 452, 453  Next
kombisutra Sun Nov 29, 2015 1:08 pm

Will comply Sir! Hope you're well out there in the east!

joe cool Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:29 pm

kombisutra wrote: How is your Kombi progressing?

It is so good to be back in a bus again and I am driving the h out of it. Norcal Relics and Kombihaus are feeding me parts as fast as I can install them and the bus gets better every day. I have a headlight and a wiper now! OG safari window seals from Eric leak a lot less than the repop ones, but I still drilled holes in the front floor to let the rain out. That is an all too often overlooked step in the safari window install process. Next big things are heat and a rear hatch seal. I am sucking so much exhaust through the rear hatch my eyes burn. Oops.
Stay safe and sane out there, we're counting on you.

seizure66 Mon Nov 30, 2015 7:34 am

Rustbus helped me sort an engine the other day, and had some good advice for the shasta prep body/frame wise on my shasta panel. He says, fix the holes before cutting more holes in it. I thought that was sound advice. My oldest son helped me with axel boots and shocks, last eve. Brakes coming soon. That's it. I have no shit talking to do. See you at the RS.

bad dog racing Sun Dec 06, 2015 3:27 am

joe cool wrote: Brian, rumor has it the locals did some work and now your bus is running great

Camel Tow!

kombisutra Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:17 pm

For those of us who don't get the speed vision channel: Here's a zero dialog review of Dakar 2015:

mandraks Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:48 pm

kombisutra wrote: For those of us who don't get the speed vision channel: Here's a zero dialog review of Dakar 2015:

short and sweet, love the dakar rallye

BulliBill Mon Dec 07, 2015 3:31 pm

Holy Crap! Those folks have balls made of titanium! Awesome film! I especially appreciated that there was absolutely NO commentary at all! And the only voice you hear is from that guy with the fire-seating-the-tire-to-the-rim! Very cool! Did anyone else catch the "Herbie" non-VW? race car for about 1 second in the film?

Bill

Fish Tue Dec 08, 2015 9:56 am

BulliBill wrote: Holy Crap! Those folks have balls made of titanium! Awesome film! I especially appreciated that there was absolutely NO commentary at all! And the only voice you hear is from that guy with the fire-seating-the-tire-to-the-rim! Very cool! Did anyone else catch the "Herbie" non-VW? race car for about 1 second in the film?

Bill
Agreed, I'll bet the only thing VW is that body.

kombisutra Tue Dec 08, 2015 1:28 pm

Great screen grab Fish! Yes, I saw that the first time and stopped, then replayed it again a couple times. That would be cool as hell if there was even one air cooled VW to complete the Dakar.

Stuartzickefoose Sat Dec 19, 2015 8:51 pm

Make sure you are ready this year, no more dust trip hopefully!!!

JimCT Mon Dec 21, 2015 8:21 pm

anyone hear from kombisutra? that attack was too close for comfort, hope he is well

joe cool Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:34 pm

JimCT wrote: anyone hear from kombisutra? that attack was too close for comfort, hope he is well

Just texted him, he is okay. I suspect he is not mortal.

kombisutra Wed Dec 23, 2015 1:57 pm

Appreciate your concern. Yeah, it's a little weird here... well, a lot weird here, but just like anything, you get used to it. I heard the boom from that one, but was waiting for the rocket attack alarm to go off, and it didn't. Thought that was kinda' weird. After an hour or so, the MPs stopped the traffic for the incoming medevac helicopters. Unfortunately, the choppers come and go several times a day so it wasn't unusual to see them, however, the number of MPs blocking traffic was unusual. If I ever get waxed here, it'll be a rocket.

colonel b Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:34 am

Merry Christmas guys and gals. Almost new year and still not driving the bus but I'm towing Casey to Kombi Haus so i can work on her after i work on other folks cars. Im really happy to be back there among fellow bus lovers as strangely they are absent in numbers in the dealership world, go figure. Anyway things should progress faster once she's there and I've got all my tools at a quick reach.

Glad you are safe Brian and we will get to rallye with you again this year.

Stuart if/when you get a split and you can keep up with Brian Ill buy you a steak dinner.

I may have a newbie myself riding a long this year as my buddy will be out of a job come middle of January and has been wanting to go for years.

Hoping this El Nino continues to bring it as its really nice to see snow again on the mountains and the reservoirs filling up.

Hoping for a good turn out this year, and some faces not seen last year to return, EEj, Rachel, Lou.

There is no roll call yet so Ill start, add as you feel so inclined.

Colonel B Casey Jones 1967 deelux Sacramento CA

colonel b Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:54 am

The video you should have posted STU!!
https://youtu.be/c2zGYu-l7t0

kombisutra Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:23 am

Roger that Colonel!

Quote, edit, and add your entry to the SST 2016 driver roster! BEGIN!

1) Colonel B Casey Jones 1967 deelux Sacramento CA
2) Kombisutra + Hot Mama, 1959 Kombi, San Anselmo CA

joe cool Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:44 pm

3) Joe Cool and "Delta Cajun" Mike, 1966 Gypsy Wagon, YOLO County, CA

1RADBUS_NV Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:50 am

3) Joe Cool and "Delta Cajun" Mike, 1966 Gypsy Wagon, YOLO County, CA
4) William Hague W/ "Team Amigo" , 1965 Kombi, Reno NV

kombisutra Thu Dec 31, 2015 2:20 pm

kombisutra wrote: For those of us who don't get the speed vision channel: Here's a zero dialog review of Dakar 2015:

That video really does rock. I just watched it again and it's probably got 2000 of the best edits of 2015. Just fun to watch, and more, it really gets me make-believing, that someday, when I grow up, I'll be able to drive too. Really great!

kombisutra Fri Jan 01, 2016 3:00 am

Mr. Armstrong wrote: Proof that the Southern Oregon Shasta Racing Team does exist- and their buggy van trucks actually do move in the snow.

Pictures of our test run earlier today:

Team Green Truck

Team Pepto

Team Mango

And finally, the offical team photo in an undisclosed location in Southern Oregon: