TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Oval Rag Top Clip
v-dub64 Tue Nov 09, 2004 7:24 am

Hi all,

I need some info. I found a 55-57 rag top oval bug at a salvage yard this weekend. its in good shape. The car is rusted to the ground and hacked, but from mid door pillar on up is great shape, hardly any rust. I think i can get it farley cheep. Now my question is: Can I grart this to my 1960? i realize that i would have to cut out the entire rear section because of the oval window. I am more concerned with the door pillars being correct size. I also have a 64, would that work too?
Thanks a bunch

Kasey

chickengeorge Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:35 am

v-dub64 wrote: Hi all,

I need some info. I found a 55-57 rag top oval bug at a salvage yard this weekend. its in good shape. The car is rusted to the ground and hacked, but from mid door pillar on up is great shape, hardly any rust. I think i can get it farley cheep. Now my question is: Can I grart this to my 1960? i realize that i would have to cut out the entire rear section because of the oval window. I am more concerned with the door pillars being correct size. I also have a 64, would that work too?
Thanks a bunch

Kasey

The door pillars are the same size. Grart away.

bill may Tue Nov 09, 2004 9:24 am

1955,1956,1957 are 3 differant ragtop configuration... 3 fold f&r square corners,front rounded rear square and all 4 round corners...which is it??

chickengeorge Tue Nov 09, 2004 12:01 pm

bill may wrote: 1955,1956,1957 are 3 differant ragtop configuration... 3 fold f&r square corners,front rounded rear square and all 4 round corners...which is it??
He wants to grart the clip on at the door pillars, it doesn't matter.

bill may Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:06 pm

of course george,but big 1960bottom half rear window with top half oval will look goofy.... maybe should graft dash and use oval rear window hey??? i would graft like leo-- brklyn 63 did...... think how smarter you are than me george..

v-dub64 Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:09 pm

thats what i was planning, using the entire rear clip including the full oval.
I need to talk to somone who has done this before. who would be a good person to talk to?

Thanks

chickengeorge Tue Nov 09, 2004 5:43 pm

bill may wrote: of course george,but big 1960bottom half rear window with top half oval will look goofy.... maybe should graft dash and use oval rear window hey??? i would graft like leo-- brklyn 63 did...... think how smarter you are than me george..

V-DUB64 wrote: i realize that i would have to cut out the entire rear section because of the oval window.

oldskool69 Tue Nov 09, 2004 6:27 pm

bill may wrote: of course george,but big 1960bottom half rear window with top half oval will look goofy.... maybe should graft dash and use oval rear window hey??? i would graft like leo-- brklyn 63 did...... think how smarter you are than me george..

Quite a bit i would say. He actually read the post before making a reply.