TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 28 pic to 34pic3? Long
Derfburg Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:43 am

Well I started my car today, herd a back fire. Ran fine after that, untill I started driving. It was stuck at wide open. So, I want home, looked and the peice that the choke moves was 180 from where it should be. I rotated it back and all is good. Not sure what is going on, but just have a question. I have a '64 type one with the orginal 40hp in it. I am usng the orgina 28pic, I have a 34pic3 from my 1600 that will be going in the car soon. Can I change it out for the 28 pic, and not mess anything up.I don't want to spend any more on this motor, but I will have to use it for at leat a few more months. Sorry for the novel I just posted.

bill may Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:08 am

pin for slot on piece with teeth is missing. pin used on vent window to hold handle on can be used to replace it. without the pin it rotates too far. use the 34pict-3 to prop open a door.

Derfburg Thu Nov 11, 2004 9:36 am

Cool, thanks for the tip, ill get on that after work. :D

k29349@yahoo Thu Nov 11, 2004 4:58 pm

bill may wrote: pin for slot on piece with teeth is missing. pin used on vent window to hold handle on can be used to replace it. without the pin it rotates too far. use the 34pict-3 to prop open a door.

I agree with bill. The 34 does a better job as a door stop.