TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: Bulli XI Video Page: 1, 2, 3  Next
LynnsABCs Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:57 am

We ran out of time to get my son's 65 camper ready, but we didn't want to miss the show, so we flew.

Would there be any interest in a DVD of the Bulli show including viewing all the buses, swap meet, the awards presentation and caravan shots? Any room left over in the apx. 80 to 90 minutes on the DVD would include video from the Bug Jam.

The DVD would be $15 shipped in US with guaranteed delivery (I'll keep shipping it until you get it). It will take about a week for me to get all the footage edited, create chapters like a commercial DVD and a menu and then begin burning DVDs. You can fast forward or reverse, or move forward or backward a chapter at a time.

I was shooting with a brand new JBL DV (digital video) camera. DV allows you to transfer video directly the the PC with no dropped frames or loss in picture quality and then burn to a DVD. If you don't have a DVD player, I will also be doing a VHS tape for same price.

This is my 2nd video--I just finished this year's official 356 Porsche Registry Holiday at Williamsburg.

Lynn

davebuckholts Wed Nov 17, 2004 6:59 am

I'm in.

bigbulli Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:01 am

Im in, whats the cost to ship to England :?:

Enkiel Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:10 am

would the DVD play on a xbox or a PS2? if so, i'm in :D

Andrew Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:50 am

I'd buy one.

Bart Wed Nov 17, 2004 7:58 am

only if I'm in at least 3 seconds of footage.

EvilBus Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:55 am

Sundial Camper wrote: only if I'm in at least 3 seconds of footage.

I thought it was 15 minutes of fame?

Bart Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:58 am

EvilBus wrote: Sundial Camper wrote: only if I'm in at least 3 seconds of footage.

I thought it was 15 minutes of fame?

If it's dvd you can go frame by frame slo mo and extend it.

UZI Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:59 am

i'd rent one. i only watch stuff once.

LynnsABCs Wed Nov 17, 2004 9:27 am

Some very good questions.

1. What will it play on?

I can burn both formats--DVD- or DVD+. DVD- is supposed to work in 80%+ of all machines. If you go to:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

and type in your player's brand and model # it will show what it will play. If DVD- or DVD+ has a line drawn thru it, it won't play on your machine.
The site says the xbox will play DVD- but I don't know for a fact that it will.

If there is a problem with compatibility or a disk has an error playing (occasionally happens), just keep the shipping bag, mail it back and I will replace it at no charge.

I have burned over 800 movie DVD's at have a very low failure rate.

2. Renting the video.

Due to the ease in copying a DVD, I would rather not rent one. Wouldn't have a problem if another Bulli member let you borrow their copy to watch.

3. Can I pay using PayPal.

Yes. I am [email protected]. If you don't use all caps, it sometimes doesn't work.

4. Shipping to non-US.

I sell stitched hats on Ebay and have lost 4 hats to England. Post office here says once it leaves, US they aren't responsible. Only way I could mail it is if you accept the risk of lost shipment + paying actual shipping cost to England.

thanks!

Lynn

Jaan Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:07 am

Ill definitely take one

will-g Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:27 am

the vw guys at my base want to see the show so i will take one. is there extra shipping to an APO (military) address?

LynnsABCs Wed Nov 17, 2004 10:49 am

I'm pretty sure that shipping to a military address is the same as a US address.

EvilBus Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:22 am

LynnsABCs wrote: Some very good questions.

1. What will it play on?

I can burn both formats--DVD- or DVD+. DVD- is supposed to work in 80%+ of all machines. If you go to:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdplayers

and type in your player's brand and model # it will show what it will play. If DVD- or DVD+ has a line drawn thru it, it won't play on your machine.
The site says the xbox will play DVD- but I don't know for a fact that it will.

If there is a problem with compatibility or a disk has an error playing (occasionally happens), just keep the shipping bag, mail it back and I will replace it at no charge.

I have burned over 800 movie DVD's at have a very low failure rate.

2. Renting the video.

Due to the ease in copying a DVD, I would rather not rent one. Wouldn't have a problem if another Bulli member let you borrow their copy to watch.

3. Can I pay using PayPal.

Yes. I am [email protected]. If you don't use all caps, it sometimes doesn't work.

4. Shipping to non-US.

I sell stitched hats on Ebay and have lost 4 hats to England. Post office here says once it leaves, US they aren't responsible. Only way I could mail it is if you accept the risk of lost shipment + paying actual shipping cost to England.

thanks!

Lynn

Why don't you bittorrent the file? :roll:

vwjosh6070 Wed Nov 17, 2004 11:27 am

im in!

DaveB Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:18 pm

I'll take one. When do you want payment?

LynnsABCs Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:28 pm

Why don't you bittorrent the file? :roll:[/quote]

Not familiar with this--what is, what does it do and how do you do it?

LynnsABCs Wed Nov 17, 2004 5:30 pm

DaveB wrote: I'll take one. When do you want payment?

Dave--as soon as the DVD is finished (hopefully in a week or so) I will begin shipping DVDs in the order of payment.

j.pickens Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:44 pm

LynnsABCs wrote: ABCs"]Why don't you bittorrent the file? :roll:

Not familiar with this--what is, what does it do and how do you do it?

Bittorrent is a means of sharing very large files over the internet.
Its kinda like Kazaa, only it avoids some of the legal issues, and most of the software is spyware and adware free.
It would allow you to share your video without burning DVD's.

Oh, and here's a link to my video, free of charge, and worth every penny!

http://home.comcast.net/~jpickens6/Mexibeetle/100_1387lofix.avi

joshwheeler Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:56 pm

I'd like to get my hands on one :lol: