TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: 64 bus E flasher question...
23HOTVW Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:08 pm

of course i did a search before posting this question but i still wanted to verify.
i have a 64 bus and wanted to verify that the red light on the dash is on the left side of the steering wheel, while the actual switch itself is on the right side ? is the switch a red flashing switch ? thx anyone for helping a newbie...
heres a pic i found during a search, but im not sure what year this bus is.
mine is a 64. thx all....

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/149605.jpg

lorse Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:11 pm

23HOTVW wrote: of course i did a search before posting this question but i still wanted to verify.
i have a 64 bus and wanted to verify that the red light on the dash is on the left side of the steering wheel, while the actual switch itself is on the right side ? is the switch a red flashing switch ? thx anyone for helping a newbie...
heres a pic i found during a search, but im not sure what year this bus is.
mine is a 64. thx all....

https://www.thesamba.com/vw/gallery/pix/149605.jpg

Switch is on the right and does not flash. Flashing red light is on left.
Yes.

23HOTVW Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:18 pm

whooo, that was fast.... !!! thx !
i know theres a lot of knowledgeable bus people out there willing to help.
VW people are the best :D
the reason i asked is because there is a switch im interested in and the person says theres a light in the switch an it flashes... is this for a bug then ? im still trying to verify part # ( 211 ? )

Clara Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:21 pm

23HOTVW wrote: whooo, thats was fast.... !!! thx !
i know theres a lot of knowledgeable bus people out there willing to help.
VW people are the best :D
the reason i asked is because there is a switch im interested in and the person says theres a light in the switch an it flashes... is this for a bug then ? im still trying to verify part # ( 211 ? )

66 & later bus e switches light up, those years do not have the red light on the dash. Part numbers are in the parts list... look at my sig for an URL

23HOTVW Thu Dec 23, 2004 12:27 pm

i appreciate all the help guys... :D
i want to get my bus all correct.

truckersmike Fri Dec 24, 2004 9:31 am

If I remember correctly, only 64-65 buses had the separate light on the left side.